£13 million pounds to support problem Families

The problem is our services being cut and job loses, I didn't say it was a minor op. I know it's not the nursing staffs fault but come on, going home 2 and a half hours after being cut open. You can't tell me thats right. I remember being in hospital for 7 days when I had my son and look at it now, 6 hrs if everything is ok.

The problem is our services being cut and job loses, I didn't say it was a minor op. I know it's not the nursing staffs fault but come on, going home 2 and a half hours after being cut open. You can't tell me thats right. I remember being in hospital for 7 days when I had my son and look at it now, 6 hrs if everything is ok.

No you didn't say it was minor, but it must have been minor to work to those time scales surely - They do keep major op patients in overnight believe it or not.

i had an elderly relative (86 year old) he had a triple heart bypass and was sent home three days after. but the excuse they gave was that an infection was on the increase on the ward and they though it better if they were sent home. could this might have been the case for your relative?

Leah-Lacie

I don't know if you class an hernia operation as a minor op, but I just wondered why she would need someone with her if it was only minor.

Its in case you get drowsy after the anaesthetic I think, my sister in law just had gall stones removed via keyhole surgery, she was out 2 hours after the op, and had to have someone with her at home overnight.

I don't think they let anyone go home alone after a general anaesthetic or an operation any more, just in case they do have any problems when they're home.

Sorry I meant pounds, but then again I thought there would be intelligent people reading this. Is this short enough?

If you want intelligent response you could try reading up on the subject. Pickles may have spun this as being about antisocial/criminal families but the criteria the government used to define "problem families" means that a lot of families who are simply poor or in ill health are being targeted.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/jun/11/eric-pickles-payment-by-results

I am betting SCC doesn't want this money at all. You see problem families are a source of jobs for the council. No problem families means no jobs for social workers, outreach workers, carers, managers and a whole host of other so called service providers. Politicians also make good use of having problem families. All these people make a very good living claiming to be helping while all the time they are secretly working to make sure the problem families stay a problem. Why else would Sheffield's Education be almost the worst in the country and nobody is doing anything about it? In fact the Director of Children's Services has been allowed to go walkabout in Australia for a year.

How very true. The £13m is supposed to be payable on results but these lads are well practised at box ticking and my bet is the cash will end up paying professional do gooders to produce more of this kind of waste.

Oh, and Sorby House must be about ready for another refurb.

I had an extremely minor operation under general anaesthetic on a day ward and had to have someone collect me from the hospital and I wasn't allowed to be on my own overnight. I believe it's to make sure there aren't any complications or side effects from the anaesthetic.

Hope your mum gets well soon.

How very true. The £13m is supposed to be payable on results but these lads are well practised at box ticking and my bet is the cash will end up paying professional do gooders to produce more of this kind of waste.

Oh, and Sorby House must be about ready for another refurb.

There isn't a cover sheet showing a name of the group that provided the 'waste' you refer to.

Archived