£13 million pounds to support problem Families

Sorry I meant pounds, but then again I thought there would be intelligent people reading this. Is this short enough?

I think the respondent was intelligent.Your post was highly ambiguous and tortuous,and lacked clarity in exposition and analysis.:hihi:

Well I pretty much agree with Erebus in this instance.

What part don't you agree with and why?

On two counts:

1. ".....the morons would prefer burned in public..." I assume you agree with him then.

2. "The idea is to focus attention onto scapegoats, while the real money is snatched, or just handed over to the banks while you all squabble".

This is factually inaccurate. Most of the money the UK and EU countries are borrowing is going to pay pensions, benefits, public sector salaries and debt interest. Last year the UK borrowed £127bn to help pay those things. Hardly any went to banks and an inconvenient fact is that banks including RBS paid back some of the money they were lent. But, hey, never let awkward facts get in the way of a good ignorant rant eh?

On two counts:

1. ".....the morons would prefer burned in public..." I assume you agree with him then.

2. "The idea is to focus attention onto scapegoats, while the real money is snatched, or just handed over to the banks while you all squabble".

This is factually inaccurate. Most of the money the UK and EU countries are borrowing is going to pay pensions, benefits, public sector salaries and debt interest. Last year the UK borrowed £127bn to help pay those things. Hardly any went to banks and an inconvenient fact is that banks including RBS paid back some of the money they were lent. But, hey, never let awkward facts get in the way of a good ignorant rant eh?

OK. Thankyou for the response.

1. I agree Erebus could tone it down a bit. I think he means that certain sections of society (morons in his words) think problem families are not worth caring about.

Of course I think problem families are worth caring about. But he is having a go at those who don't, although calling them morons is not helpful.

2. Well we'll have to agree to disagree over this one. I don't know if your statistics are right but don't forget there are lies, damned lies, and statistics. All depends on who is saying it, and there's always another set of statistics which will contradict it. Anyway, there's nothing wrong with paying pensions, public sector workers, benefits, or debt interest, though the tone of your reply suggests you think there might be. If none of them were paid think about the results, all falling on the shoulders of the general public.

However there is a great deal wrong with a system that needs shoring up regularly to the tune of billions of pounds, quantative easing, borrowing money from the banks and paying interest to give back to the banks as a loan, and the way banks have been and still are operating (Bob Diamond's salary and benefits came to £25 million last year.) This is what Erabus is saying we should be getting upset about, but instead the media is using propaganda to turn sections of society who should be sticking together against each other.

It's easier to have a go at something people find easy to understand ('benefit cheats' etc.) than try and explain a very complicated, deeply flawed, and barely legal system that has impoverished whole nations while making a few extortionately rich, Of course they don't want us to know, (and anyone who says they do understand it is probably mistaken) It would would have the public so outraged they would be manning the barricades and setting up guillotines in the high street.

Of course they don't want us to know.

"£13 million pounds to support problem Families"

Each? How does one sign up for this?

If its credentials they require, I'm sure I could be on my 3rd ASBO by 11pm.

It's a drop in the ocean, and it will take more than money to sort some families out.

OK. Thankyou for the response.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with paying pensions, public sector workers, benefits, or debt interest, though the tone of your reply suggests you think there might be. If none of them were paid think about the results, all falling on the shoulders of the general public.

However there is a great deal wrong with a system that needs shoring up regularly to the tune of billions of pounds, quantative easing, borrowing money from the banks and paying interest to give back to the banks as a loan, and the way banks have been and still are operating (Bob Diamond's salary and benefits came to £25 million last year.) This is what Erabus is saying we should be getting upset about, but instead the media is using propaganda to turn sections of society who should be sticking together against each other.

But the point is that the cost of the public sector, pensions, benefits only falls on the shoulders of tax payers. It only ever has. Government's only have money they collect in tax or borrow. At the moment we borrow £2.5bn a week to keep those payments going. The banks in the UK were a one off cost in 2008. Since then we have been borrowing massively to pay pensions, benefits, public sector salaries etc. That can't go on forever.

Bob Diamond's bank didn't have to be bailed out by tax payers and he is probably one of the best in the banking business. It is up to his shareholders to reward him and given the state RBS and the likes are in they probably think Diamond is .......................... a diamond.

The country is unlikely to stick together as long as lefties keep peddling this idea that it was all the banks fault and borrowed money is being used to prop up the ailing banks. It wasn't and it isn't.

Archived