New race in Stocksbridge

• 3 weeks later...

this will work out about the right time I am hoping to do an organised 10k afer a break from running (injury). Not sure I like the up though! :-)

Are you expecting many slow "fun" runners or mostly seasoned / fast runners? I don't want to be the guy stopping the marshalls etc going home! :hihi:

There is a fun run as well for Stocksbridge (2miles) .... we too have a fun run and 10k the week before at http://www.sheffield10k.com .... Nick I think we need to have a chat about next year so that these good races are not so close together ..... September everyone is spoilt for choice!!

We will more than likely return to around October the 10th for 2013....

Dont see it as a problem banksy. Two different races 12mile apart, one for charity and a snip at £10/£12 and one less value for money at £18/£20 for a

Trail 10k.

Your race has a larger field of runners and is a great event that despite the cost I would recommend to anyone.

Stocksbridge chase is a lot smaller with a technical course. A little hard to get to but I think will be a good event.

The more events in Sheffield the better.

I agree runningowl however the fewgood races there arein Sheffield makes sense for these to be spaced out a little as most people would ideally not want to race on consecutive weekends.

Its £18 ...btw.... and the overheads are such that it wouldn't be possible to run at a lower price in this premium location - sometimes the entrant doesn't consider this ;-) ....800+ so far this year .... so should be around 1000 in the 10k and 50-70 in the fun run.

Archived