Where did you used to hang out?

as kids?

as teens?

as young adults?

places ive hung out (the most important, most used hang outs in my life anyway)

woodhouse mill (there used to be about 50 of us, punks, psychobillies, trendies, rockers hanging out drinking etc) i got done for underage drinking there :P

woodhouse village (used to hang around with my best mate brad all over the village)

beighton / hackenthorpe (used to hang around with some younger punks there, who i am back in contact with due to the tinternet :) ) met my missus at carter lodge school around this time too

ballifield shops (again punks, trendies etc)

handsworth (a couple of punks hanging around with the trendies) at both fish shops top and bottom, i forget the names, its been a while triangle and oak?

darnall - used to hang around with some punks, rockers, trendies i used to go to school with and some others who lived in darnall (at the main shopping area and pyramid carpets)

town - the peace gardens, the fountain on fargate, pubs, clubs gigs etc (thered be loads of us in the peace gardens drinking, punks, trendies, rockers, metallers, rockabillies, one of my mates was even into a bit of mod)

all these around the time of leaving school in 85 to about 91 /92 when i moved away

oooh, as a kid, My mother would take me to local parks, such as Graves Park, Endcliffe Park and Millhouses Park. Occasionally she'd take me and my sister to Rivelin, to the paddling pools. OUr Favourite though, was to go to Rotherham, to Clifton Park, to the Clifton Park Museum.

As a youngster/ very young teenager, I used to hang about at Millhouses, and Meersbrook Parks, or I'd ride my bike round Sharrow and Nether Edge

When I was older, I'd lad-it (LOL) in Granelli's Balcony Bar, in the Sheaf Market, and the Gaumont and the ABC.An occasional night out would be to the 14/18 nights at Tiffanys, wihth my best friend and her sister.

As I got older, I could be found in the Peace Gardens, when the weather was nice, and in the "Bar Rio".

PT

PT, I used to love Clifton Park when I was a kid. Especially in the summer when they had all those rides for a penny. I loved the train, could never manage to ride those wobbly bikes though. I loved the paddling pool too. Thank you grandma! I remember in the museum there was a stuffed rat from the steelworks that had one head and two bodies? Did you ever see that? That was my favourite!

When I was a young teen I went to the under 18s at the Top Rank on Tuesdays ... On Saturdays I would go round all the shops, especially Pippy's, Chelsea girl, the jean shops that I cant remember the name of, all the record shops, especially that one at the top of Cambridge Street, and for some unknown reason my mate and me would buy a pasty from BHS and scoff it in the alley outside. Soon knocked that on the head when we could get served in pubs!

melthebel !!!!

im getting flash backs now !!!!

im just a few years older than you , but i was a bit of a rebel in my teens all my friends was mods or punks and i had the girly skin head ya know wiv the little fringe bits and it was often dyed a purple colour !

we would hang out in the hole in the road or at the arcade place above the car park in flat street ! we also had like an old deralict place near where the new court is that we used to go in !

i would be horrified if i thought my son was up to half the things i did !

my poor parents ! my dad was at the time a councillor and one of the founders of the unity centre in town ! this was done to try and keep kids like me off the streets ! he ! he !

:clap:

Originally posted by clarefl

melthebel !!!!

im getting flash backs now !!!!

im just a few years older than you , but i was a bit of a rebel in my teens all my friends was mods or punks and i had the girly skin head ya know wiv the little fringe bits and it was often dyed a purple colour !

we would hang out in the hole in the road or at the arcade place above the car park in flat street ! we also had like an old deralict place near where the new court is that we used to go in !

i would be horrified if i thought my son was up to half the things i did !

my poor parents ! my dad was at the time a councillor and one of the founders of the unity centre in town ! this was done to try and keep kids like me off the streets ! he ! he !

:clap:

:P

i know, i used to get up to allsorts

but not too bad really (i hope)

Originally posted by julieshaw

Yes I remember the Oak chippy,chips were 2p a bag the last time I went there! What about the Rec, the youth club behind St Marys church, or the woods and the plateau at Handsworth?

think i camped on the rec once

Originally posted by melthebell

as kids?

as teens?

as young adults?

places ive hung out (the most important, most used hang outs in my life anyway)

woodhouse mill (there used to be about 50 of us, punks, psychobillies, trendies, rockers hanging out drinking etc) i got done for underage drinking there :P

woodhouse village (used to hang around with my best mate brad all over the village)

beighton / hackenthorpe (used to hang around with some younger punks there, who i am back in contact with due to the tinternet :) ) met my missus at carter lodge school around this time too

sorry tried to quote and went wrong.

ballifield shops (again punks, trendies etc)

handsworth (a couple of punks hanging around with the trendies) at both fish shops top and bottom, i forget the names, its been a while triangle and oak?

darnall - used to hang around with some punks, rockers, trendies i used to go to school with and some others who lived in darnall (at the main shopping area and pyramid carpets)

town - the peace gardens, the fountain on fargate, pubs, clubs gigs etc (thered be loads of us in the peace gardens drinking, punks, trendies, rockers, metallers, rockabillies, one of my mates was even into a bit of mod)

all these around the time of leaving school in 85 to about 91 /92 when i moved away

in my early teens i hang around my local park drinking white cider :gag: and smoking very questionable roll ups;)

then in my late teens i moved to the manor and i hung around the shops on and around farliegh and the church on farliegh and i also hung around city road outside the shops next to the KFC spent some time on arbothourne shops and round various estates on the manor doing pretty much the same stuff as before.

:rolleyes:

hmmm i think i may have been a chav :confused:

Archived