Where did you used to hang out?

I remember hanging round town with my mates a and my big boom box. We used to meet up with loads of kids our own age and have a right old laugh. Strange though , back in those days (85) our parents would let us go off on our own plus we never caused any criminal damage , mugged anyone, or gave verbal abuse to adults. They were the days, walking through the hole in the Road , with my leather jacker half way down my back and the likes of Kirsty Mccoll and Duran Duran, blaring out from my boom box. Oh I loved the 80's.

When quite young, with older girls, the wood bottom nr Shirecliffe school. We used to do some great sledging there. Then older, hung around Hillsborough park with my young brothers. But early teens was the best time hanging out at Ecclesfield park, just my mate and me with a gang of lads our age- good times and the only bother we ever got into was when the parkkeeper told us off for using the swings. He was a miserable old sausage.:roll:

As kids, Millhouses Park, Ecclesall Woods, Dore Station (where I smoked my first fag)

As Teenagers The Cross Scythes Totley, and the Hare & Hounds Dore, The White Lion Heeley, The Wap, Rebels, The Yorkshiremans etc.

As a young adult, as above but not the Cross or the Hare 'cos by the time we were 18 we thought that the kids in there were so young and immature. (And we we just soooo grown up!!:loopy: )

As a kid (early teens) I used to hang around Beck School at Shiregreen and Concord Park. From then it was Peace Gardens/Wap/Rebels all the way :D (probably 87-91ish)

I can't say as I've done much "hanging" since then.....

As a kid (early teens) From then it was Peace Gardens/Wap/Rebels all the way :D (probably 87-91ish)

i possibly know you then

i moved away from sheff about 92 / 93

before then it was all those places and the fountain on fargate :P

Most nights were spent hanging around the "Tommy" as it was called at Aston.(Named after the old Tom Marsh supermarket now Aston Coop)

We'd sit there in all weathers from about 1/4 to 7 until 1/4 to 9 every night and mess about on BMXs. Sometimes used to progress to Aston Rec in the summer and sit on the swings. You used to pray for the fair to come to give some relief to the mundaness. We also went through a phase of sitting in the graveyard.

Sat were spent on Fargate after catching X26 1.15 to sheff, going to the Wimpy and staring out of the window until a decent looking lad walked past and then banging the hell out of it.

I used to go to Tiffanys in Rotherham on a Sunday afternoon when i was quite ickle.

We also went through a phrase of just catching the bus random places that we'd never been as well (warmer than sitting on the Tommy) Harthill was a favourite. Once caught the bus to town and then had to beg 1 of the 2p to get home as I'd no money left.

Wed nights was skates night though so we all used to head off down to Silver blades. The songs that remind me of that are True Blue by Madonna Rain or Shine by Five Star and So Macho Sinitta.Met Ricky Simmons there.Have always liked the cinema so used to go at least once a week, usually to Rotherham scala.

15-17 was a funny age. Sat job work used to like Harveys in Rotherham so Thurs nights were Harveys nights (It was a 21 nightclub as well?) I continued skating until 16.

Then discovered the Wetherby pub at Swallownest which i frequented 3 or four times a week until I was actually 18 and then stopped going.

I'd discovered gigs at about 14 as well and was regularly going to these at the Leadmill and then staying for the club after. Sometimes with my teachers! :)

I was such a creature of habit as a teenager and I'm amazed I passed any exams as i was never in!

Archived