Olympic opening ceremony the final insult old mac donalds farm

• 1 month later...
The thing to consider is how much will the Olympics cost the British tax payer as opposed to how much the UK will earn in revenue from the Olympics.

Most London hotels are booked up and charging anywhere from 500-3000 pounds a night. I bet even the bed and breakfast hotels in the suburbs are charging three or four times the regular going rate. Add on all the revenue earned from dining, shopping, entertainment, transport etc through taxes and then say if the whole thing is worth it or not.

For sure!.............London greed will do very well out of the bunfight,what about the rest of us in Britain?

It would have been a lot cheaper to have ' Professor ' John Prescott, dressed up as a public school teacher, riding round the arena on a Penny Farthing.

Even putting him up in 5* hotel and giving him all he could scoff, surely wouldn 't cost 27 million ? Would it ?

Not unless they added in his bar bill.

I think your all going to have to eat your negative words when the big show begins, but typical Brits, putting their own country down as well as other countries, what the hells going to make you happy ? You were all happy when England won to host the Olympics , but happiness stopped right there , the work had to be done then.

Well I tlhink it's going to be fantastic....so stay in your pubs so you can bitch and moan about your athletes not winning, God forbid you give them any kind of support :roll:

I wasn't happy when we won the olympic bid.

And you lot across the pond will be represented by pumped up druggies..

Maybe we are being selfish but we can't wait for Friday in our house cos our sons girlfriend is taking part in the opening ceremony( and before anyone sez it ,she's neither a sheep or Welsh!) We have no idea yet what she will be doing because she has been very good about keeping it hush hush. All we know is they have all been working like mad and practicing every chance they could. She has told us that her bit is fantastic but even they don't know what the whole thing will be like because each team did their own section and then had to leave before the next team did theirs . We just hope we manage to spot her on TV .

Archived