From November, classic cars will not need an MoT

The kind of people who can afford old classic cars are the kind of people who vote for the Tories.

Nice to see the Conservatives have their priorities right, making like easier and cheaper for people who are already wealthy.

Should have seen this coming.

You don't know many classic owners do you?

• 2 years later...
How dangerous. Bad idea.

It is not the job of an MOT station to make sure your vehicle is safe and roadworthy,it is YOURS and that is every single time you use it.

The mot is a once a year double check and is only an indicator of road worthyness at the time of the MOT,nothing more.

Nothing changes really,if you drive a vehicle unroadworthy or dangerous your going to end up in a heap of problems.

---------- Post added 07-01-2015 at 12:29 ----------

Speaking as someone who has worked in the motor trade, i am horrified by this decision. Only a few weeks ago i saw a morris minor with collapsed suspension, stranded in the middle of the road, with what i suspect to be broken a trunnion. I hope the insurance companies will see sense on this one and demand they are MOT'd before giving them any insurance cover. :o

Ive seen wheels fall off through shattered wheel bearings on their way back from an MOT.

Speaking as someone who has worked in the motor trade, i am horrified by this decision. Only a few weeks ago i saw a morris minor with collapsed suspension, stranded in the middle of the road, with what i suspect to be broken a trunnion. I hope the insurance companies will see sense on this one and demand they are MOT'd before giving them any insurance cover. :o

How do you know this car hadn't got an MOT?