What would you consider a 'normal' size meal?

was just sat eating my tea and was thinking i know alot of people who are dieting at the moment and people cutting down on food portions, i thought my 2 cheese burgers and a few chips on the side was a reasonable sized meal, but to some its quite a large portion?! i dont know if its me thats having large portions or other people that are eating small portions or even 'normal size' portions??

so what is a 'normal' sized portion?????

How long is a piece of string?

I generally go with the 'handful' approach to measuring portions.

Handful of chips. Handful of veg or two and whatever the main foodstuff is.

Of course I suppose it depends on the size of your hands...

I would typically start with avcado pear,soup with roll and butter,half a grilled chicken with chips and peas,salad,and pasta bake.For dessert apple tart,cheese,crackers,chocolate mints,and a jug of coffee,served with cream and sugar.I have eaten more in the past but need to keep a check on my weight now I have taken up speech-dating.

was just sat eating my tea and was thinking i know alot of people who are dieting at the moment and people cutting down on food portions, i thought my 2 cheese burgers and a few chips on the side was a reasonable sized meal, but to some its quite a large portion?! i dont know if its me thats having large portions or other people that are eating small portions or even 'normal size' portions??

Therein lies the question. We are all different - fish and chips twice, peas and a few slices of bread and butter, the norm for me. But many would be overfaced with one portion I suppose. So what is a normal portion I wonder.

Angel.

Therein lies the question. We are all different - fish and chips twice, peas and a few slices of bread and butter, the norm for me. But many would be overfaced with one portion I suppose. So what is a normal portion I wonder.

Angel.

Yeah I heard you the first time mate.....

Everyone has their own ideas of "normal", I have a plate that I use it is a Mr Men plate, and my portions now are a lot smaller. I don't eat such as cheeseburgers, but like a burger when we have a barbe. I have to weigh myself daily so I have to watch my weight especially so (I have heart failure).

What I will say is; its not so much what your eating all the time, its how many times, moderation helps. I still have treats now and again, some people are lucky they don't put weight on, some just have to look at a chip.

I have been ill & have dropped 5 stones & still under investigation as to why, but I have also cut down on my portions. I have lost 2 stone intentionally, the other 3 not. :)

Eat the correct daily number of calories to maintain your weight.

Eat more calories or become more inactive to increase your weight.

Eat less calories or become less inactive to decrease your weight.

Find a decent butcher.

A 'normal potion' is tailor made to your own body, in order to maintain a body weight that is ideal to you. It depends on things like how active you are, what sort of food you eat, and how fast your metabolism is.

Personally I eat crap loads, as I am very active and have a very fast metabolism, to the extent that people think I'm too thin, but I can't seem to put weight on!

I would typically start with avcado pear,soup with roll and butter,half a grilled chicken with chips and peas,salad,and pasta bake.For dessert apple tart,cheese,crackers,chocolate mints,and a jug of coffee,served with cream and sugar.I have eaten more in the past but need to keep a check on my weight now I have taken up speech-dating.

That's a vast amount of food. I doubt I could manage all that at one sitting.

Archived