What would you consider a 'normal' size meal?

The other day I got home from work, had the curry that was in the microwave, about a microwave meal sized curry, whilst I was waiting for that to heat, I banged two burgers in the oven. Made myself a couple of hamburgers for after.

I know that would be considered a big 'meal', but I've always been a doubler. Whenever I have something I have two. Two bags of crisps, two yoghurts, two chocolate bars etc, it's just the way I've always been.

I'm not overweight according to BMI and it's just how I've always done it.

Two of everything - I hope that doesn't extend to your relationships:suspect::hihi:

Here's an interesting article about how food is considered in China and the West. http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/healthy-living/use-your-noodle-the-real-chinese-diet-is-so-healthy-it-could-solve-the-wests-obesity-crisis-873651.html

When I was at university a Chinese friend said the amount of food required by the human body is approximately the size of your clenched fist three or four times a day. Any Chinese person can confirm this please?

Everyone has their own ideas of "normal", I have a plate that I use it is a Mr Men plate, and my portions now are a lot smaller.
Do you have a Pelican bib too Bpb? ;)

I don't eat such as cheeseburgers, but like a burger when we have a barbe.

Pureed? :hihi:

I cannot understand why 'Home Economics' (Cooking) was discontinued in school.

All these sort of questions were answered, and a lot of basic knowledge about food, where it comes from, how to prepare it, calorie content, etc was learned.

I'm always surprised about how little some young people seem to know about food and diet. Now, with an obesity crisis, the cost of good food rising, and cheap food being full of addatives, it seems more important than ever.

I cannot understand why 'Home Economics' (Cooking) was discontinued in school.

All these sort of questions were answered, and a lot of basic knowledge about food, where it comes from, how to prepare it, calorie content, etc was learned.

I'm always surprised about how little some young people seem to know about food and diet. Now, with an obesity crisis, the cost of good food rising, and cheap food being full of addatives, it seems more important than ever.

We had cooking as a class in meadowhead school many years ago. The only things I remember making are jam roly poly, sponge cakes, scones, bread and butter pudding, banoffee pie, pineapple upside cake, egg custard and Sally luns.

Not sure how that affected my diet but our lass blames my dessert making skills for her cellulite. :)

The other issue is when the subjects became optional, no boys would choose cookery/home ec, so you're left with thirty girls in a class learning housewife skills. Which upsets the feminists and PC brigade.

Are you a power lifter or rugby player? Or maybe 6'6"? Otherwise why would you deliberately be trying to get so heavy?

No. 6'3. It's muscle I am attempting to gain obviously hence the difficulty. I doubt I would have trouble gaining fat. I'd just have to sit down more and do less. I'm a lifter but not a power lifter :) my dad was and he was over 20 stone.

Have a large girlfriend who encourages me in my bigorexia as she likes to feel small and womanly. :)

I usually cook far more than we can eat but rather than pile it on the plate I'll freeze batches for future lunches or quick meals.

A massive pile of salad on the plate will also leave less room for calorie rich, heart attack inducing lasagne etc

We had cooking as a class in meadowhead school many years ago. The only things I remember making are jam roly poly, sponge cakes, scones, bread and butter pudding, banoffee pie, pineapple upside cake, egg custard and Sally luns.

Not sure how that affected my diet but our lass blames my dessert making skills for her cellulite. :)

The other issue is when the subjects became optional, no boys would choose cookery/home ec, so you're left with thirty girls in a class learning housewife skills. Which upsets the feminists and PC brigade.

I don't think it should be optional, or gender biased. Everyone eats so everyone should do it. I also think kids should learn some of the basics at home, but then a lot of parents don't really cook either.

We need to get back in touch with what we're eating.

Archived