What would you consider a 'normal' size meal?

When ever I go to a Carvery, I am always amused by how much food people pile on their plates, is it because they can eat as much veg and spuds as they want, is it because it is cheap, haven't they eaten for a week, or are they just plain greedy. I really don't know how they manage to eat it all, and sup a couple of pints to wash it down, personally I would feel bloated and want to throw up if I ever ate and drank that much.

Baz

When ever I go to a Carvery, I am always amused by how much food people pile on their plates, is it because they can eat as much veg and spuds as they want, is it because it is cheap, haven't they eaten for a week, or are they just plain greedy. I really don't know how they manage to eat it all, and sup a couple of pints to wash it down, personally I would feel bloated and want to throw up if I ever ate and drank that much.

Baz

Amateur.

It takes practice and stamina. Haha. Man vs food!

Seriously though carveries are fairly healthy (apart from the gravy). I don't think you can go wrong with a carvery. And seeing how high you can pile it and how many sneaky return trips you can make is all part of the fun.

I'm starving now, just thinking of my next carvery.

Baz

Vegetables. Every type of vegetable available. People pile their plates full of vegetables because only one visit for meat is allowed. I usually go very heavy on the brussels sprouts because they're banned in the house for a variety of reasons. Carveries are the only place the family lets me have them.

Archived