Christian psychotherapist caught trying to "cure" homosexuality

Then you must, necessarily, accept that people are born as homosexual because God made them so. If a being is omnipotent, he is by definition responsible for everything that happens.

With that notion, are you saying that God is also responsible for people being murderers, child abusers etc... because He is responsible for everything that happens?

With that notion, are you saying that God is also responsible for people being murderers, child abusers etc... because He is responsible for everything that happens?

I'm not saying that. This is your position. You hold that God is omnipotent, therefore, you hold that everything which happens if God's fault.

I'm not saying that. This is your position. You hold that God is omnipotent, therefore, you hold that everything which happens if God's fault.

I think you're definition on God being Omnipotent is the wrong one. Humans have been given free-will; free-will that they are responsible for.

I think you're definition on God being Omnipotent is the wrong one. Humans have been given free-will; free-will that they are responsible for.

If free will exists, than an omnipotent being does not exist since he cannot influce the decisions of those people.

But, coming back to the topic at hand - if free will exists, doesn't that mean that people choose to be heterosexual? At what point did you consciously decide that you would be sexually attracted to women?

If free will exists, than an omnipotent being does not exist since he cannot influce the decisions of those people.

God is not here to influence people. You seem to think you know how God 'works'. Very strange.

But, coming back to the topic at hand - if free will exists, doesn't that mean that people choose to be heterosexual?

No. God has created males and females for a reason. If people go against that, then there's a bit of a problem there; a psychological problem that is.

At what point did you consciously decide that you would be sexually attracted to women?

Probably when I became an adult :D

God is not here to influence people. You seem to think you know how God 'works'.

I'm not even claiming that God exists. These are your arguments. All I'm doing is pointing out the logical consequences of those arguments.

God has created males and females for a reason. If people go against that, then there's a bit of a problem there; a psychological problem that is.

You have not provided any arguments to support this position. Indeed, you've argued exactly the opposite position by claiming that God is omnipotent.

Probably when I became an adult

Is that an admission that you used to be sexually attracted to men as well, but decided not to be?

Nope. God (or Nature) cannot be held responsible for a condition that isn't the norm.

Seeing as though you consider God the stronger of the two ideas to put it first, and leave it out of brackets;

Is God responsible or not when he makes people who are taller or smaller than "the norm"?

Seeing as though you consider God the stronger of the two ideas to put it first, and leave it out of brackets;

Is God responsible or not when he makes people who are taller or smaller than "the norm"?

Lol ! - what a silly analogy. And when one talks of norms, one refers to accepted norms (by the majority) :)

Lol ! - what a silly analogy.

Why is it silly? Either God creates people who are not the same as everyone else, or he doesn't. (Or he doesn't exist at all and the whole conversation is pointless.)

Arguing that people more than six feet three are "against nature" is no sillier than arguing that people who are homosexual are "against nature." There are just about the same amount of both.

Archived