A good Chinese with decent portions??

Romario

Hi

I'm looking for a good Chinese takeaway in South Sheffield with large portions as i'm feeding hungry folk!

Bamboo Garden at Hutcliffe Wood rd, Hing Lung on London rd have been recommended, but unsure as don't want to be disappointing on this occasion!

In the past, i used to go to one on Eccy rd, but they stopped using the big metallic trays & used over priced small plastic trays with minute portions! I guess to pay for overheads!

Any ideas?!

canton king middle wood road by miles best one i no and is always mega busy but its collection only but is very cheap and you get loads and is very nice

Yum Yum on London Road is good, next to Hong Kong Wok, but it was closed last time I went & the phone message said something about July, don't know if they're on holiday. Wild Rice just across London Road next to Dim Sum is very good too - plastic trays, but stuffed full of meat.

We ordered from Yum Yum last night and it was delicious. Large portions (we could have just had dinner off our starters!) and arrived VERY hot. We used JustEat to order and were quoted a delivery time of quarter to 11pm and food arrived a half hour early. They also used the metal containers.

We ordered from Yum Yum last night and it was delicious. Large portions (we could have just had dinner off our starters!) and arrived VERY hot. We used JustEat to order and were quoted a delivery time of quarter to 11pm and food arrived a half hour early. They also used the metal containers.

Yum Yum use foil containers, it's Wild Rice across the road with plastic containers (but they have a lot of meat in). Both great.

Also China Garden on City Road is quite good, New Jumbo next door isn't bad.

• 1 month later...

I would definitely say NO to YUM YUM!!!! the food is below standards (chicken balls looked and tasted as if they have been cooked in oil for days), small portions (my King prawn rice arrived with just 4 small prawns).

Of course this is my personal opinion.

I'd also recommend Pho 68, but I'm not sure they do takeaway. I've eaten in there many times, but never noticed anyone picking up a takeaway. It's great food and good sized portion (I often leave some), although it's not particularly Vietnamese in style.

They do takeaways, and also deliver

Archived