Is it possible at all to study a degree course at uni without A Levels?

Is it possible at all to study a degree course at university without A Levels, or an access course? The area I am looking at studying in is business studies and I have studied recently at quite a high level, but not a recognised level by ucas, or whatever they're called. ?

Is it possible at all to study a degree course at university without A Levels, or an access course? The area I am looking at studying in is business studies and I have studied recently at quite a high level, but not a recognised level by ucas, or whatever they're called. ?

Depends how desperate they are for students. Some will look at experience and other qualifications with mature students.

Your fastest and best bet would be to complete a business access course. Starts September ends in June. Not really taxing or hard. Ticks all the boxes for lesser unis and gets you back into studying. Sheffield college do them. Access course students are usually mature and many go on to out perform a level students at Uni.

Open university IS an option, however, they don't appear to offer the exact degree I want, just close to it. -This is why I am looking at other options like 'brick and mortar' 'actual' universities occupying a physical space. Thanks for your inputs all, all much appreciated.

I am currently doing health science access to higher education with 3 weeks left and have been offered a place at uni for nursing in september, if its been a long time since you studied then an access course would be the fast track way to go, uni's do favour mature students and more so access students, as they are very intense, so if you can cope with that they believe you cope with uni. Access courses cover many areas and they help you apply via UCAS to uni, help you do a personal statement, prepare you for interviews and uni. They can be taken over a year and are very beneficial.

I agree with Medusa, access is the fast track way to get university's to take you seriously unless you already have quals UCAS ask for that course. I would have had no chance of being an nurse without my access.

Archived