Obesity epidemic. Stuffing yourself to blame?

Within those countries though it's the poorer who are fatter, not the richer.

So the relationship is obviously more complicated than you think.

I wasn’t talking about people the people that appear to be fat because they are starving and suffering from malnutrition. :(

I worked really hard to lose a lot of weight, and I did - too much in fact and my hip bones, collar bones and ribs were visible through my skin. I went to the doctor - she popped me on some scales and called me 'obese'

How rude.

So I thought after that - 'stuff it, if I'm skeletal and still obese, then I may as well eat, drink, be happy.....and be FAT.'

Although it did upset me when 'friends' uploaded some fat photos of me onto Facebook and ridiculed me for my size. that wasn't nice - but I figured they were bitter because they don't eat anything.

BUT......

I love food.

I LOVE food.

I LOVE FOOD

I love the smells. I love the tastes. I love the textures and I love the colours.

I love that there are so many options like spices, herbs, combinations etc and I love it when my tastebuds have a foodgasm.

It isn't that I enjoy the act of eating, but I love the sensations associated with eating.

I don't eat a lot of junk food. I don't eat a lot of sugary foods. I prefer my veggies raw and I prefer to eat fish.

It's not abnormal to be able to see collar bones, but it does seem odd that you could see your ribs or hip bones and the doctor was saying you were obese... They don't gain anything from saying that, although if they were just working from BMI and you are taller or shorter than normal then it might have been misleading.

I wasn’t talking about people the people that appear to be fat because they are starving and suffering from malnutrition. :(

Huh?

In rich countries, it is the poorer people who are more likely to be obese.

So the relationship is not as simple as you suggested. Being very poor stops you being obese, but being relatively poor in a rich country increases the chances of you being obese.

Poor people have no reason to be obese other than laziness and stupidity.

It could be argued if it hasn't already, that if they are genuinely poor then they could not afford to become obese.

I have no recollection of seeing a fat big issue vendor and these are fairly poor individuals.

I do understand a lack of control in eating.

Pigging out is my second favourite thing in life. That guy from the man vs food programme has my dream job.

If and when I get obese, however, I will never attempt to place the blame at someone else's door or lament the fact because as I said I really enjoy eating.

I will endeavour to watch the programme. But I may have to fight for control of the tv as our lass is watching the Ireland - Spain match :hihi: oh well there's always iplayer.

I love the way he claims to be a "foody". If he was a "foody" he would be searching for the best food not the biggest portions!

Huh?

In rich countries, it is the poorer people who are more likely to be obese.

So the relationship is not as simple as you suggested. Being very poor stops you being obese, but being relatively poor in a rich country increases the chances of you being obese.

Is that possibly because lazy people are usually relatively poor people?

And hard working people are usually wealthier.

Archived