The Vault restaurant, Dronfield Arms

Andy C

Opens Friday 15th June 2012...

http://www.vault-restaurant.co.uk/

The restaurant is downstairs at the Dronfield Arms on Sheffield Road, Dronfield (near the rail station) and offers the quality cooking and smart and intimate surroundings of a good restaurant but with the prices and relaxed atmosphere found at a gastropub.

It is open evenings Thursday to Saturday from 5pm and also Saturday lunchtime.

There are three menus - dinner, early evening and lunch. The Saturday lunch menu is available to enjoy in both the pub and restaurant.

DINNER MENU, SERVED 7PM TO 9PM THUR-SAT

Starters

Cream of watercress soup, goat’s cheese and herb gnocchi £4.50

Torn buffalo mozzarella, salad of chargrilled courgette, chilli mint and toasted almonds, with aged balsamic and olive oil £5.10

Confit duck ballotine wrapped in Serrano ham, duck liver parfait, spiced pear chutney, pan fried brioche croutons £6.20

Amaretto cured salmon, mini salmon bon bons, pickled cucumber pearls, peas citrus and coriander crème fraîche £6.20

Seared scallops, chargrilled mortadella, salad of Jerusalem artichoke, pancetta crisps, pickled samphire tempura £7.00

Main Courses

Roast plum tomato and smoked aubergine risotto with grilled scamorza, courgette fritters, rucola salad, pecorino crisps £12.75

Baked fillet of cod, Dublin bay prawns, peas à la Française, wilted iceberg, galette potato and red wine reduction £17.50

Pan fried fillet of sea bream, salad of crushed jersey royals with red pepper and coriander, crab tortellini, baby spinach, mussel clam and tomato vierge £17.50

Roast rump of Derbyshire lamb, fondant potato, wilted spring greens, honey roast parsnips, Vichy carrots, and glazed baby onions, Madeira jus £18.00

Steak Menu

10oz Sirloin £18.95

14oz Côte de boeuf £19.95

16oz Derbyshire T-bone £21.00

8oz 28day matured fillet £24.00

All steaks served with hand cut chunky chips, confit beef tomatoes, garlic mushrooms, rocket and shallot salad and béarnaise sauce

Desserts

Vanilla panna cotta, poached rhubarb, ginger and rhubarb granite with biscotti £4.50

Tiramisu in a martini glass, mascarpone ice cream, espresso foam £5.00

Plate of chocolate and cherry desserts £5.00

Selection of English and continental cheeses, pickled walnuts, homemade chutney, honey and truffle biscuits and breads £6.00

Roasted pineapple tarte tatin, coconut ice cream, olive and butterscotch sauce. £5.00

Bar Menu Served from 12 until 3pm Saturday

Starters

Breaded brie, chunky bread, beetroot and ginger chutney £4.50

Chicken liver parfait, spiced pear preserve, toasted loaf £5.25

Chef ’s Soup £3.95

Homemade fish cakes, citrus crème fraiche, peas, pickled cucumber £5.10

Salads

Caprese salad with rocket, mozzarella and plum tomatoes Small £4.90 • Large £6.70

White stilton, poached pear and pecan salad Small £4.90 • Large £6.70

Mixed summer salad Small £4.20 • Large £6.50

Dronfield Arms ploughman’s salad £6.95 • For Two £12

Main Courses

Grilled buffalo burger, stacked with beef tomato, smoked bacon, buffalo mozzarella and ale onion rings £9.95

Beer battered cod, chunky chips with creamed peas and mint Small £5.25 • Large £9.95

8oz rib eye steak, beef tomato, chunky chips, onion rings and salad garnish £10.95

Desserts

Sticky ginger pudding with butterscotch sauce, vanilla ice cream £4.95

Apple brûlée with spiced apple sorbet £4.95

Lemon tart with raspberry coulis £4.95

Chocolate and mint mousse £4.95

Early Dinner Menu Served from 5 until 7pm Thur-Sat

Starters

Cured salmon bon bons, pickled cucumber, citrus coriander crème fraîche £4.20

Chef ’s Homemade Soup £3.95

Duck liver parfait, spiced pear chutney fried brioche £4.95

Plum tomato and buffalo mozzarella salad with rocket and pesto £4.20

Main Courses

Rib eye steak 8oz, hand cut chips, confit tomato, garlic mushrooms, rocket and shallot salad, béarnaise sauce £16.00

Pan fried sea bream, crushed new potatoes with red pepper and coriander, wilted baby spinach, vierge dressing £12.90

Baked fillet of cornfed chicken, pecorino, anchovy and parsley risotto, braised baby gem, prosciutto and parmesan crisps £12.50

Roasted plum tomato and smoked aubergine risotto, rocket salad, crispy pecorino £9.95

• 1 month later...
Early Dinner Menu Served from 5 until 7pm Thur-Sat

Starters

Cured salmon bon bons, pickled cucumber, citrus coriander crème fraîche £4.20

Chef ’s Homemade Soup £3.95

Duck liver parfait, spiced pear chutney fried brioche £4.95

Plum tomato and buffalo mozzarella salad with rocket and pesto £4.20

Main Courses

Rib eye steak 8oz, hand cut chips, confit tomato, garlic mushrooms, rocket and shallot salad, béarnaise sauce £16.00

Pan fried sea bream, crushed new potatoes with red pepper and coriander, wilted baby spinach, vierge dressing £12.90

Baked fillet of cornfed chicken, pecorino, anchovy and parsley risotto, braised baby gem, prosciutto and parmesan crisps £12.50

Roasted plum tomato and smoked aubergine risotto, rocket salad, crispy pecorino £9.95

i have been to your pub tonight. while i agree your inprovements to the old sidings are good. but why place the staircase to your vaults area in the middle of the trading area? why do i bring it up its made an already

sorry carry on from above. its made the pub smaller and narrow. the vaults part has got a outside enter point that with good lighting and posting would be better than the staircase in the trading area. plus you prices for drinks have gone up a lot its cheaper in the three tuns now which is not cheap by any means.dronfield may come across as well off but not are. i will stick to the browm bear pub vaule for money.

• 3 weeks later...

Re the prices in the Dronfield Arms, I disagree Old Cossack. Farmer's Blond is £2.60, Best Bitter £2.70 and the mild only £2.40 I think. This is not expansive, is it? If you have a regular's card (costs £1), when you buy your 7th pint, you get your 8th pint free, meaning the actual prices are £2.28, £2.36 and £2.10 respectively. I am not aware of better value than that in Dronfield, how much do you pay normally for a pint?

I think this is great value!

sorry carry on from above. its made the pub smaller and narrow. the vaults part has got a outside enter point that with good lighting and posting would be better than the staircase in the trading area. plus you prices for drinks have gone up a lot its cheaper in the three tuns now which is not cheap by any means.dronfield may come across as well off but not are. i will stick to the browm bear pub vaule for money.

The Three Tuns is not at all expensive!!!

I've been to the Brown Bear in Sheffield. Its a Sam Smiths pub. All things considered I would rather avoid the place and pay a bit more to drink nice beer and eat nice food in a nice atmosphere.

ps - the Dronfield Arms is not my pub.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived