Food at york races

Has any one been to York races recently? We are going on Saturday and I am just wondering what kind of food places there are there?? I have looked on the website and can only find two restaurants starting at £99 per head..if thats the case, we may be taking butties!!

There are plenty of fast-food places; burgers, fish and chips, hot pork sandwiches and the like. They're a little pricy, but not ridiculously so.

The restaurants are listed on the website more for the benefit of people who want to book in advance for the whole package - tickets, dinner table and so on.

Lucky you. In my experience it's usually a choice of pre-booking in the good restaurant, or convenience food, both at a premium. I thought it was 'de rigeur' to take a wonderul wicker basket full of delights and fizz to the races - that would be my choice.

That's only allowed in the on-course enclosure at most tracks - which means you don't have access to the parade ring, winner's enclosure, or a decent view on the giant screens.

There is a cafe within the race course facilities not far from the bar, Tote etc. Its OK. We meet up before the races in the Knavesmire pub which is only 7/8 mins walk away. Good ale and good food at ok prices. We'll be there on 13th July and again evening meeting 27th July.

Archived