Moving to canada

I have visited my friend who lives between Toronto and Niagra Falls six times, I love it. It is a wonderful country, my friend has become a Canadian citizen and has lived there for 40 years. She is a wonderful hostess and takes me to some fantastic places. You HAVE to see the Falls they are a mesmerising sight. Good luck. Keep in touch with SF and let us know what you are up too!!!

The French-Canadian guys all wear big fur hats, plaid shirts, carry lumberjack axes on their shoulders and sing Vive La Canadienne all day long.

Strangers should be warned not to remind them that the the Los Angeles Kings ice hockey team just won the Stanley Cup

I'm not sure cos I haven't followed it too closely since the league got too big but the total Stanley Cup count for the Canadiens ( the habs ) was 23. LA has a long way to go yet, but good luck anyway.:)

Has anyone on here been to Ottawa? My wife has family over there and we've been told we can go over anytime, the fishing certainly looks good.
Ottawa is a nice city, about 1 and a half hour drive from Montreal. Has the national war museum and is the site of the Federal Government.:)

Good luck Lotar, I'm sure you will be very happy here. If your heading for southern Ontario into the golden horseshoe area where we are, the winter's are not that bad. In fact this past winter we it only snowed good once, and then it went within a couple of days. Summer's here are usually very long, Spring is like your summer's, summer is hot and usually humid, and fall is like spring, just perfect. :)
I think fall is the nicest season in both Canada and Eastern USA. I lived in Montreal, The Gaspe Peninsula, and Newfie a total of nine years before settling in New England. One of my best friends still lives in Kingston, Ontario where he was a rehabilitatation counsellor at the Federal Penitentiary. He always said that Kingston's population is all ex cons and prison guards. Canada manages to do a good job with its prison population, as it seems to do with most things .

I'm not sure cos I haven't followed it too closely since the league got too big but the total Stanley Cup count for the Canadiens ( the habs ) was 23. LA has a long way to go yet, but good luck anyway.:)

First time the Kings have won the cup in 45 years. Big parade for them yesterday in downtown L.A

Ottawa is a nice city, about 1 and a half hour drive from Montreal. Has the national war museum and is the site of the Federal Government.:)

The only time I was there was a weekend in 1965. The city closed down at 6:00 in the evening.

Had to go across the river to Hull in Quebec to find a decent bar and place to dance and carouse.

Buck have you been to the Canadian Aviation Heritage museum? It is the home of the only other fully operational Lancaster. My friends took me on my first visit to Canada, I didn't see it flying (have seen it here though) but to stand under thiose huge bomb doors.......................! What found quite surreal was to read the details on the lecturn in front of it, and know I live 20 minutes away from Ladybower, and here I was 3,700 miles form home! My friend sees it flying over her house quite often in the summer. It takes fare paying visitors, but costs a mint. When I saw, in 2003, it cost $1500m I understand it now cost many thousands of $!! What a thrill tho'!!

Archived