Moving to canada

Just find yourself a hockey team to support instead of Wednesday or United and a pub to enjoy it in, and you're made for life. Welcome to a great country.

You fill up my senses,Like a gallon of Fifty,

Like a Tim's double-double,And a big WALNUT CRUNCH!

Like a night out at Beeee-MO,Like a greasy chip butty...

Like To-ron-to F-C,Come fill me again!

Na na na na naa Ooo!

We did a tour of the east then flew over to the west and did a tour of that side for our Silver wedding anniversary ……….. what a country …….. not much chance of a hosepipe ban over there.

Buck have you been to the Canadian Aviation Heritage museum? It is the home of the only other fully operational Lancaster. My friends took me on my first visit to Canada, I didn't see it flying (have seen it here though) but to stand under thiose huge bomb doors.......................! What found quite surreal was to read the details on the lecturn in front of it, and know I live 20 minutes away from Ladybower, and here I was 3,700 miles form home! My friend sees it flying over her house quite often in the summer. It takes fare paying visitors, but costs a mint. When I saw, in 2003, it cost $1500m I understand it now cost many thousands of $!! What a thrill tho'!!
When I used to drive the many miles from the Gaspe to Montreal, I would pass, sitting in a field all on its lonesome, a Lancaster bomber, much the worse for wear I never did find out why it was there. We just had a visit at our local airport of a B29, a Liberator, and a P51 Mustang. The Superfort was giving rides at a price I wasn't in a position to pay. I had ridden in one back in 1951 when it had arrived at RNAS Lossiemouth with engine trouble, and gave me a ride home on weekend leave landing at RAF Burtonwood in Lancashire. Trouble was I had to take a train back.:)

The only time I was there was a weekend in 1965. The city closed down at 6:00 in the evening.

Had to go across the river to Hull in Quebec to find a decent bar and place to dance and carouse.

I think things might have moved on since 1965, although I understand there are many places in the USA yet to repeal prohibition.

used to live there ....hope you like snow

I was a student in Sheffield and the snow there was worse there than I've seen in these parts.

British Columbia and the San Juan's in particular are some of the most beautiful places on the planet. Vancouver is a fantastic city.

Thanks everyone, we will be living in Halifax, Nova Scotia.... staying with friends at first, then we will buy somewere... not long now...eeekkkkk..
You'll be able to visit one of Canada's favorite vacation places, Prince Edward Island. It sits on the gulf stream and one of the few places in the North East with warm sea water in the summer. It used to be a chore getting there when the only access was by ferry, and you could wait for many hours to get aboard. A bridge was built from Nova Scotia, which , while not cheap, is very convenient.

I think things might have moved on since 1965, although I understand there are many places in the USA yet to repeal prohibition.

I was a student in Sheffield and the snow there was worse there than I've seen in these parts.

British Columbia and the San Juan's in particular are some of the most beautiful places on the planet. Vancouver is a fantastic city.

. No prohibition anywhere in New England, perish the thought:)

Some counties in the mid west states are still "dry" but no prob. Drive to the next county and enjoy.

Archived