Faulty mobile phone but warranty no good.

i pay for Orange Care at £6 a month

if something goes wrong (like for example you install Ice Cream Sandwich and f****** hate it) you get an as new phone within 24hrs.

I needed 2 replacement phones from Orange, first was within 28 days so they swapped it for a brand new one in store. 2nd time was after a couple of months, Orange sent me another (refurb) phone by courier the next day.

That was just under their warranty service, I didn't pay for any extra 'care'.

There is a water damage indicator inside the phone (sometimes under the battery, depending on phone type) which changes colour was it has got wet. Drying it out will not reverse the colour change.

jb

On the i-phone. Yeah, iphones are skank, been accounts of people leaving it in the bathroom when there having a shower, steam trips the indicator and the mobile co. don't fix it.

What someone could do to get round dodgy mobile providers, dodgy T&C's. And I'm in no way condoning this behaviour. Is, if you have insurance, have the phone mysteriously go missing and report to police. Then you get a new phone for free or with a small excess.

Of course I'm in no way encouraging this behaviour and I would never do such a thing.

Archived