Osborne unveils £140bn scheme to kick-start stagnant economy

As I stated earlier Labour share some of the blame. The credit bubble has not helped us at all. But.......your beloved Tories have not deflated the housing bubble. House prices are still ridiculously high with many people priced out.

Nothing to do with me, I would have put interest rates up and let banks and freckles spenders go to the wall. On a positive note prices have dropped over the last few years but not enough.

As I stated earlier Labour share some of the blame. The credit bubble has not helped us at all. But.......your beloved Tories have not deflated the housing bubble. House prices are still ridiculously high with many people priced out.

Only "some" of the blame? Come on.

House prices are not going down because there is such a shortage of them. That's just another of Labour's failures. They managed a housing boom by failing to build any houses. Prices will only fall when supply outstrips demand. Labour increased the population but not the housing stock so it's no surprise there aren't enough houses to buy or rent so prices are still going up.

Yes it’s a bit of a problem isn’t it, debt caused the problems yet they continue to create more debt in the hope that it’s also the solution. :huh:

If the government stops borrowing money they would have to cut public spending by £127bn this year. Look at the howls of protests from the wretched spendaholics when they've only had £50bn cut from their budgets so far.

Nothing to do with me, I would have put interest rates up and let banks and freckles spenders go to the wall. On a positive note prices have dropped over the last few years but not enough.

I'm certainly with you on that. Interest rates should be allowed to rise to force deleveraging in the housing market and return prices to more normal affordable levels. Problem is no party will do it.

Only "some" of the blame? Come on.

House prices are not going down because there is such a shortage of them. That's just another of Labour's failures. They managed a housing boom by failing to build any houses. Prices will only fall when supply outstrips demand. Labour increased the population but not the housing stock so it's no surprise there aren't enough houses to buy or rent so prices are still going up.

You can't really still be trying to argue that all the problems we face are all caused by Gordon Brown. Most of the newer issues have been caused by George Osborne. Brown and Osborne are both idiots.

If the government stops borrowing money they would have to cut public spending by £127bn this year. Look at the howls of protests from the wretched spendaholics when they've only had £50bn cut from their budgets so far.

But Jim, he's only cut the deficit by a half of what he anticipated. It's actually cut by a quarter which if he's lucky means over this parliament it will be cut by a half.

Alastair Darlings plan was to cut the deficit by a half over the parliament. And the plan could have been executed without so much vindictiveness.

Osborne has failed. As Simon Heffer said in the Daily Mail on Saturday Cameron needs to ditch Osborne. He's useless.

:D If they need to borrow money for the public sector that just tells us the public sector is too big, and I recon they could half it without anyone noticing. :)

:D If they need to borrow money for the public sector that just tells us the public sector is too big, and I recon they could half it without anyone noticing. :)

It could also be telling us that there are too many people unemployed, that the welfare spend is too high, that tax receipts are loo low and that we need to get the economy growing again.

The public sector does need to be made more efficient and more cost effective though. I'd never argue with that.

It could also be telling us that there are too many people unemployed, that the welfare spend is too high, that tax receipts are loo low and that we need to get the economy growing again.

The public sector does need to be made more efficient and more cost effective though. I'd never argue with that.

No that’s because there are too many people, you know ones that came here to work whilst Garden encouraged the unemployed to sit on the arses. :)

Archived