Speeding fines to be increased by 50%

"the AA is the famous “motorists’ organisation” that is now profiting from punishing drivers – and making sure that the message of “speed kills” is kept in the headlines. Since the UK’s other legendary motoring organisation, the RAC, has also just been acquired for £1bn by private equity (the Carlyle Group), you can imagine there will more of this kind of activity in the UK and elsewhere.

No chance of speed killing the profits."

http://flashesandflames.com/2011/06/23/uk-motorists-speed-up-the-cash/

That is a good post. It addresses the real issues. It is all about making money rather than preventing speeding.

Tax cyclists as a previous poster said. Why not, they use the roads too,some think its their road and decide which traffic lights to take notice of and whether to overtake or undertake! Only a proportion of them though but they all use the road so should pay. Lets number plate them too and subject them to the same fines as vehicle drivers.

i agree with that, but in exchange let the roads be made more cycle friendly. and lets start to punish the motorist who ignore the rule about leaving enough space when overtaking a cyclist. and lets start to fine them as well. that should start to rake in a whole load of cash.

you should treat a cyclist like another vehicle. IE leave at least four foot when over taking and not four inch. its less than that sometimes. we would feel much safer, the traffic would be slowed down more, the drivers would be less stressed. the cyclists would be less stressed. its a win win situation.

I am not sure when they come into effect, but at the speed that you was doing you will be offered a speed awareness course with no points.:)

Many thanks for that Phil, what I already have 6 points, will I still be offered a place on the course? Does it count towards a NVQ / O' Level or anything?:cool:

Many thanks for that Phil, what I already have 6 points, will I still be offered a place on the course? Does it count towards a NVQ / O' Level or anything?:cool:

I believe that you will still get the chance to go on the course unless you have been on it previously. I am not 100% sure, but am 99% sure. It seems like your best option.

And yes it does count towards an NVQ ( Not Very Qualified):roll:

i agree with that, but in exchange let the roads be made more cycle friendly. and lets start to punish the motorist who ignore the rule about leaving enough space when overtaking a cyclist. and lets start to fine them as well. that should start to rake in a whole load of cash.

you should treat a cyclist like another vehicle. IE leave at least four foot when over taking and not four inch. its less than that sometimes. we would feel much safer, the traffic would be slowed down more, the drivers would be less stressed. the cyclists would be less stressed. its a win win situation.

I prefer to give a cyclist a coffin's length - otherwise he/she might need the coffin!

Only one course is offered within a 3-year period.

There is no link to having completed the course and any academic points.

I believe that you will still get the chance to go on the course unless you have been on it previously. I am not 100% sure, but am 99% sure. It seems like your best option.

And yes it does count towards an NVQ ( Not Very Qualified):roll:

Cheers, Phil. I will use the course as a substitute for the NEBOSH qualification. Can't wait, hope there's some nice young ladies on it too!;)

Speeding does not count as law breaking in my book as the limits are merely set far too low purely to extort money from motorists.

If you speed, you WILL get done for it.

Then come on here and bitch about the £60 fine and 3 points on your license.

Read the law, you'll find that paying these fines is optional.

Summons = Invitation in black law dictionary.

Thanks kindly but i decline your invitation to appear and hand some cash over to you lucifarian slaves!

Ive ignored 3 fixed camera invites and 4 parking fines.

I stand under common law and ignore statutory law.

The law is an illusion

:cool:

Archived