Speeding fines to be increased by 50%

What is a mistake? Maybe I should direct that question at your parents as I am very sure that they will know.:hihi:

Hiya Gamadar.

Once you've finished destroying your own credibility by focussing on a spelling mistake rather than addressing a well made point which blows one of your many ill thought out arguments out of the water, do you fancy commenting on your self-contradiction which I pointed out in post #61?

Maybe you should bring your driving standards back up to scratch and have a read of the highway code.

Start with the basics,lane discipline.Im sure you will find that it says to drive in the left lane UNLESS over taking.What im certain it does NOT say is block the lanes when you feel selfish enough to while judging others speed using an inacurate speedo and im sure poor judgement.

Its drivers like you that are making the roads not only unpleasant but dam dangerous.

Leave your bad attitude at home!!

If every body is doing the limit, then no one should be using the outside lane to overtake

If everyone in England stuck to the speed limit all the time, England would come to a standstill.:roll:

We have green traffic lights for that.

I've never been able to get my head round the fact, why do we move when the lights are on red, but not green for go? All that inching up to the lights after they've changed back to red????

Or, you go through one set of green lights to be met by some red ones. Why doesn't the council make a complete route green to clear it????

oh well................

I really don't have an opinion regards driving offences and penalties, however

A friend of mine has a family member who works in another county in the Central Ticket Office.

They have worked out that the fines paid ( for all motoring OFFENCES, not crimes) would barely cover cost of staff wages, rent , electricity, processing of tickets, accounts et al. Never mind spare money for the government.

Maybe that is why they are raising charges?

Interestingly, this article sheds some light on the scale, on the history and future of the "revenue", unlike many contributors on here.

But, of course, The Telegraph's editors have been duped and brainwashed when they printed it to include the opening statement:

"Speed cameras are set to make the Government a profit for the first time this year after the Coalition cut cash spent on road safety while continuing to pocket the fines from motorists."

Or is "profit for the first time" broadly the facts of the matter?

What's clear to me is that governments change their mind, the whole history of camera/scamera has been a PR disaster, the figures are as clear as mud (this article muddies it still further - no mention is made of the likely increases in fines or the money that doesn't get to the Treasury but gets instead into TTC's or AA-Drivetech's coffers), the profits/surpluses as they are likely to be are measely and not worth the effort.

EDIT: the associated article(s) make it clear that a number of Councils are shutting down their camera sites "for lack of cash" - so what happened to the cash-cow that many on here (I would call them ill-informed) write about?

So the question for thinking drivers is "what are the cameras for if not for any great cash surplus?"

Interestingly, this article sheds some light on the history of the "revenue", unlike many contributors on here.

But, of course, The Telegraph's editors have been duped and brainwashed when they printed it to include the opening statement:

"Speed cameras are set to make the Government a profit for the first time this year after the Coalition cut cash spent on road safety while continuing to pocket the fines from motorists."

But only whist there are plenty of wealthy volunteers that want to pay to drive faster than the legal limit.

Interestingly, this article sheds some light on the scale, on the history and future of the "revenue", unlike many contributors on here.

Or is "profit for the first time" broadly the facts of the matter?

What's clear to me is that governments change their mind, the whole history of camera/scamera has been a PR disaster, the figures are as clear as mud (this article muddies it still further - no mention is made of the likely increases in fines or the money that doesn't get to the Treasury but gets instead into TTC's or AA-Drivetech's coffers), the profits/surpluses as they are likely to be are measely and not worth the effort.

So the question for thinking drivers is "what are the cameras for if not for any great surplus?"

Surely, the question for thinking drivers is "why don't I avoid paying by just staying under the speed limit?"

Archived