Speeding fines to be increased by 50%

Speeding does not count as law breaking in my book

Speeders should be punished.

Um ... Can you see a contradiction there, fella?

The points system alone is more than adequate to deter speeding. .

Which, if true, would mean nobody ever breaks the speed limit so why this thread, then?

... Do you see the irony of you accusing other people on the thread of not being very bright?

SIGH.......that is not the point.

The point is that the system is being abused by the authorities to make money. Tax cyclists instead to raise the money.

Is speeding cyclists an issue? How many deaths would be prevented by taxing cyclists as opposed to fining speeders?

Government has ridiculous green targets to meet so surely they should be encouraging cyclists and discouraging reckless driving to save money from emission taxes/fines in the future.

Is speeding cyclists an issue? How many deaths would be prevented by taxing cyclists as opposed to fining speeders?

Government has ridiculous green targets to meet so surely they should be encouraging cyclists and discouraging reckless driving to save money from emission taxes/fines in the future.

Your statements are irrelevant in both posts. The whole point is that the speeding fine system is corruptly being used to raise money. The aim should be to punish the speeder NOT to make money. Your understanding is limited too as you cannot grasp the concept.

Your statements are irrelevant in both posts. The whole point is that the speeding fine system is corruptly being used to raise money. The aim should be to punish the speeder NOT to make money. Your understanding is limited too as you cannot grasp the concept.

But fining them does punish them and it doesn't punish me, your way I would also be punished because there are costs involved in punishing and catching them. Why should I pay for someone else’s stupidity?

But fining them does punish them and it doesn't punish me, your way I would also be punished because there are costs involved in punishing and catching them. Why should I pay for someone else’s stupidity?

Because that it what justice is all about. Your opinion appears to indicate that we should not catch murderers and rapists and put them in jail because it would cost you money.

In a desperate bid to raise more cash the Condems are proposing to increase the cost of a speeding ticket by 50%, from £60 to £90. It is the same old same old. "We need more cash so how shall we get it"

I know let us persecute the hard working law abiding motorist again as we do not have any imagination. Come on....indirect taxation is NOT the solution!

Leave the poor motorists alone he pays far too much tax already!

The Cons promised to stop what they called Labours war on the motorist. Why are they a bunch of liars?

So we as drivers spend more time watching our spedo than the road conditions. I will agree that there are those that use the roads as a race track, but sometimes your concentration is required on the road ahead not the dials. Using a phone or other devices is an offence because it destracts the driver. We have dual Carrageways in Inverness @ 30mph stupid, 8 miles of a distributor which is dualed @40mph madness.

Our town centre is now 20mph

You suggest taxing cyclists without giving a reason why but are against collecting money from people who speed to pay for the investment needed to catch people speeding.

If you think of the speeding fine as a tax rather than an actual fine then it's a tax that's pretty easy to avoid isn't it?

Is it really that hard for you to comprehend that staying under the permissible speed limit will prevent you from being subjected to this "corrupt form of taxation"?

Policing speeding has reduced child road fatalities. That's a small price to pay for having to stick to 77mph on the motorways to avoid fines.

What relevance does taxing cyclists, as you initially suggested, have to the thread?

IF it really was just a money making exercise dont you think theyd raise food tax / prices? something we ALL need?

rather than just something a minority do? breaking the law

Explain to us how the AA would profit from food price increases?

They profit from Speeding courses!!

Archived