Speeding fines to be increased by 50%

Explain to us how the AA would profit from food price increases?

They profit from Speeding courses!!

thought we were talking about fines and taxation?

im sure the AA dont get the fines

you lot really will use ANYTHING to back up your nonsensical arguements

Because that it what justice is all about. Your opinion appears to indicate that we should not catch murderers and rapists and put them in jail because it would cost you money.

No I'm saying we should fine law breakers heavily when a custodial sentence isn't appropriate and use the money to fund crime prevention and punishment for the more serious offences.

Because that it what justice is all about. Your opinion appears to indicate that we should not catch murderers and rapists and put them in jail because it would cost you money.

Hi Phil, it is great that you are back! When do these new fines kick-in, I have recently had notifcation that I have been done for 'speeding', but am awaiting my fine, 37 in a 30 zone!:roll:

So we as drivers spend more time watching our spedo than the road conditions. I will agree that there are those that use the roads as a race track, but sometimes your concentration is required on the road ahead not the dials. Using a phone or other devices is an offence because it destracts the driver. We have dual Carrageways in Inverness @ 30mph stupid, 8 miles of a distributor which is dualed @40mph madness.

Our town centre is now 20mph

I don't look at my speedometer, I drive at what I consider to be appropriate for the conditions, if I see a camera or police car I then check my speed and adjust it if necessary, and you should be able to judge your speed within just a few MPH.

Hi Phil, it is great that you are back! When do these new fines kick-in, I have recently had notifcation that I have been done for 'speeding', but am awaiting my fine, 37 in a 30 zone!:roll:

Am I supposed to know you?

I am not sure when they come into effect, but at the speed that you was doing you will be offered a speed awareness course with no points.:)

Why do you think that? A stationary white van isnt something that would trigger a safety alarm to a competent driver,its no threat and there are plenty of things going on that would deserve real attention.All this speed crap does is give the incompetent drivers some excuse for incomeptent driving and often results in them doing dangerous things as a result of their bad attitudes.

where the speedo points is no indication of safe driving what so ever,most accidents happen below the speed limit but speeding fines and courses do make large amounts of money.

And the courses are full of inacuracies so whats the point in them?They are just a legal bribe.

Private companies should not profit from so called criminal offences because the obvious would happen and thats just what happening.

Camera vans are not interested in proper speeders just the creepers over by a few mph,thats the only ones they can profit from as the proper speeders wont qualify for courses so theres no interest in them.Dont you find anything wrong with that?

Wrong once again, wrong, wrong and wrong. When will you learn? Never, I guess. (I contribute, not to change your mind, I'd just like to do my bit to ensure you don't poison anyone else's mind with your usual garbage).

Speeders on courses, 35 to 42 mph, hardly just a few mph. What qualifies as "proper speeding" in your book.

"courses ... Inaccuracies" - a claim you have made before but never substantiated. Come on, give us an example.

I don't look at my speedometer, I drive at what I consider to be appropriate for the conditions, if I see a camera or police car I then check my speed and adjust it if necessary, and you should be able to judge your speed within just a few MPH.

So in other words you admit that you speed sometimes. How very hypocritical.

The fact remains that the points system should be better used to deter speeders. This would prove that the allegations of it being a cash cow are wrong. The fact that they will not do this proves beyond all doubt that it is a cash cow . The speeedtrappers have a huge incentive to unfairly trap people.

Wrong, they don't keep the money.

Archived