Debts..advice please

Hi all, im 21 nearing 22 and when i was 18 took a few things out on contract etc been the silly carefree person i was, i ended up getting into debt and now my credit is horrendous, i do now want to sort the problem but not 100% sure what companies i owe money to. i dont know how to go about it or where to start, any advice would be helpful.

thanks

x

I got into LOADS of debt a few years back after using credit cards and several loans. I read alot of useful info from martin lewis's website...

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

I used experian credit check to monitor my credit report but you can apply for it free if you pay something like £2.50. Check out ML's website, the info will be on there.

The way i cleared my debt was to use his 'card tarting method' basically IF you can get the longest 0% balance transfer rate on a card usually virgin,barclays etc then transfer all of your maxed out cards onto the new one. Then set up a direct debit with a steady amount. Same goes for the loans you may have. It took me a couple of cards to clear the debt and i did sell my car to pay a personal loan off. But if you do it this way you avoid paying any interest apart from the balance transfer fee (around 2.5-3%).

I did aproach my bank about setting up a consoladation loan but i heard martin lewis on BBC radio 2... top bloke!

If you want any more advice dont be afraid to ask

Register with 'Noddle' which is a credit agency (like experian, etc). It's a free site and will give details of your credit rating, outstanding loans and any judgements or debts.

Once you have that detail you'll know who to start contacting to try and make things right.

https://www.noddle.co.uk/

Do you use it? Not keen on entering my bank card details :(

Archived