Rodney King dead

His relatives gathered yesterday in a ceremony to "celebrate his life". Not much to celebrate as far as I can see. Never had a steady job, run ins with the law and lost all the 2 million dollars he was awarded in damages.

He's remembered for uttering the words "Cant we all get along" more than anything

Reginald Denny the truck driver who was brutally beaten almost to the point of death never fully recovered from

the beating and the thugs who did it left prison a long time ago.

I remember watching the whole thing live on the evening news and wondering where the hell the police and paramedics were as Denny lay there without any help.

Two black people finally came along and took him to hospital in their car

His relatives gathered yesterday in a ceremony to "celebrate his life". Not much to celebrate as far as I can see. Never had a steady job, run ins with the law and lost all the 2 million dollars he was awarded in damages.

He's remembered for uttering the words "Cant we all get along" more than anything

He wasn't even smart enough to realise that the answer to his question was NO.

Archived