Rabone Chestermans Pomona Street

Sorry to hear about Harry. 55 is far too young to go isn't it. The four years will hopefully pass very quickly for you mate, and as I've been retired for some 5 years now I can assure you it beats working. Well it does for me anyway.

All the best Neil.

LOL. I'm in no hurry to retire yet as I'm too active and get bored if not busy. Hopefully I will slow down by the time I get to 65. It's nice to here from someone from the past and you are well.

all the best

Neil

• 3 months later...

my dad worked at chestermans from 1938 till he took ill in 1966 and he sadly died in 1971 aged 50 i dont suppose anybody on here will remember bill bagnall is vin gayle still around as i remember he used to sing on the clubs n once made a record[ cant repeat on here his nickname ] but i know he got on well with my dad

It was on 21 Beat working from West Bar, and I used to call in to have a cup of tea with the nightwatchman. P.S. The beat box had a sign on the desk which read, '21 Beat is so far away, the sergeant gets but once a day'.:)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi FIRTHPARKLAD

Hope you are O/K I have just sent you a PM

The Foreman was Alan Clarke Nice bloke like you say

The bloke who talked to himself was ODD BOB like you say

too much shellac glue

I worked with all these people I started in the fitting shop as an apprentice in 1975

---------- Post added 06-03-2017 at 22:17 ----------

Hi FIRTHPARKLAD

Hope you are O/K I have just sent you a PM

The Foreman was Alan Clarke Nice bloke like you say

The bloke who talked to himself was ODD BOB like you say

too much shellac glue

I worked at rabones from leaving school right up to it closing. Started in f&f dept on top floor then served my apprenticeship in the toolroom. Ended up running press shop & chrome shop as chargehand. My name. Can you guest who i am.
Hi Paul it's Mick Fowler just joined this site had great times many years ago with you and the lads get in touch

---------- Post added 07-03-2017 at 21:42 ----------

I worked at rabones from leaving school right up to it closing. Started in f&f dept on top floor then served my apprenticeship in the toolroom. Ended up running press shop & chrome shop as chargehand. My name. Can you guest who i am.
Hi Paul I'm sure it's Mr Deakin it Mick Fowler hope your well mate had great times with you and the lads

I worked with all these people I started in the fitting shop as an apprentice in 1975

---------- Post added 06-03-2017 at 22:17 ----------

Hi Paul it's Mick Fowler just joined this site had great times many years ago with you and the lads get in touch

---------- Post added 07-03-2017 at 21:42 ----------

Hi Paul I'm sure it's Mr Deakin it Mick Fowler hope your well mate had great times with you and the lads

hi mick didn't know you worked at Rabones that is if you are the same Mick from P.C.L. I worked there on 3 different occasions but the last time I was the sprayer on the top floor they called it Holesaws. I remember quite a few of the people mentioned in previous posts., both my mother Betty and 2 of my daughters worked there as well.

hi mick didn't know you worked at Rabones that is if you are the same Mick from P.C.L. I worked there on 3 different occasions but the last time I was the sprayer on the top floor they called it Holesaws. I remember quite a few of the people mentioned in previous posts., both my mother Betty and 2 of my daughters worked there as well.
worked with Neil prudence ,Barry redfearn,Pete Parker,Trevor robothem,Maurice Grainger,Joe pye Steve the plumber,just to mention a few went to college with Paul Deakin and had a few beers with him at night great times.

---------- Post added 13-03-2017 at 21:32 ----------

Hi it's Mick as I said I work at Chestermans from 1975 to 81 until I finished my apprenticeship I worked with Peter Parker, trev robothem, Noel prudence ,Barry redfearn , just to mention a few I then left to work at Anderson Strathclyde a mining equipment company during my time at rabones I went to college with Paul Deakin and we also had a few nights out with Paul and his wife we had some great times in and out of work we still go out with Barry and his wife I'll let him know about this site