Looks like circumcision could be banned.

thats the point, its up to parents to do whatever they can for the best for their child, whatever that entails.

I agree. However, I don't consider elective surgery to come under that. I was thinking about it a few days ago, one reason I only made 1 comment early on, and ultimately I don't agree with it. Choosing to have unnecessary surgery is silly, and choosing to do so based on religious belief is immoral.

whether its food, clothes, haircut whatever

Within quantifiable limits. I defended the woman who dressed her son up as "gender neutral", but I wouldn't defend a woman who wanted her baby tattooing; for example.

if a child is circumcised does it really make that much difference? do they know theyre any different from others? do you think they go round examining others penises?

Hypothetical child could feel many ways.

I'm not against all circumcision either, that isn't my stance. If a child needs to have the operation done then the parent must do what is best. I am solidly against elective surgery with no medical need.

does it matter if a foreskin is missing?

If I woke up and mine was missing I'd be a bit annoyed. :)

thats the point, its up to parents to do whatever they can for the best for their child, whatever that entails.

whether its food, clothes, haircut whatever

Then you would fully support FGC (Female genital cutting, since the word mutilation is such an emotive term) if it is performed in a similar manner to MGC, and with parental approval?

Then you would fully support FGC (Female genital cutting, since the word mutilation is such an emotive term) if it is performed in a similar manner to MGC, and with parental approval?

tbh i dont know much about it, and i have no experience of it.........being male

tbh theres plenty of cultural things that get done to people that may seem strange to others

whether its

piercings

tattoos

enlargement

dieting

those native women that stretch their necks with discs

etc etc

Is there a difference between parents electing to take away a foreskin of an adult, and parents electing to take a foreskin at 8 days old?

Obviously not if the adult son was unable to show unwilling, if they were mentally ill say. :loopy:

Is there a difference between parents electing to take away a foreskin of an adult, and parents electing to take a foreskin at 8 days old?

apparently its a lot lot safer and easier to do it to a young child with no additional problems

parents dont really have that much say so in what an "adult" does or doesnt do

like i said earlier a young child doesnt remember what its like to have one so is NOT missing anything

so yes theres a difference

tbh i dont know much about it, and i have no experience of it.........being male

Nor do I, which is why I said if FGC was performed in similar manner to MGC. Medical setting, sharp knives, just lose a bit of skin.

You can't object to that surely?

I do, but I object to MGC in principle, whereas you don't.

apparently its a lot lot safer and easier to do it to a young child with no additional problems

It's even safer and easier to leave it alone. No surgery is better than minor surgery.

parents dont really have that much say so in what an "adult" does or doesnt do

Sometimes they do. Like the 'mentally ill' and 'coma' ideas already stated.

I'll put another question forward mel. Is it moral to put ear gauges in a baby? The procedure is safer and easier to do in young skin. They won't remember it, so any pain is forgotten.