Looks like circumcision could be banned.

Does anyone know if the men who perform the mutilation are paid a fee or do they do it solely out of a love of God?

In Judaism they're called Mohels, and from a quick search the cost seems to be a "donation" for his services. Around the $500 / £350-£400 mark, from what I can tell.

Not just Norway then, the sanity spreads to Germany.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18604664

German court rules circumcision is 'bodily harm'

A court in Germany has ruled that circumcising young boys for religious reasons amounts to bodily harm.

In a decision that has caused outrage among Jewish and Muslim groups, the court said that a child's right to physical integrity trumps religious and parental rights.

The case involved a doctor who carried out a circumcision on a four year-old that led to medical complications.

Thousands of Muslim and Jewish boys are circumcised in Germany every year.

Although male circumcision - unlike female circumcision - is not illegal in Germany, the court's judgement said the "fundamental right of the child to bodily integrity outweighed the fundamental rights of the parents".

Circumcision, it decided, contravenes "interests of the child to decide later in life on his religious beliefs".

Remind us: does Germany have a good track record of being pro-Jewish (esp. 1933-1945)?

Are you accusing the judge, who was ruling on a botched circumcision, of anti-semitism? If not, what is the relevance of your comment?

I happen to think that his words, that the "fundamental right of the child to bodily integrity outweighed the fundamental rights of the parents" are admirable irrespective of his nationality.

Religious freedom is not simply some magic card that can be waved to dismiss valid criticism against you, and neither is history.

Are you accusing the judge, who was ruling on a botched circumcision, of anti-semitism? If not, what is the relevance of your comment?

I happen to think that his words, that the "fundamental right of the child to bodily integrity outweighed the fundamental rights of the parents" are admirable irrespective of his nationality.

Religious freedom is not simply some magic card that can be waved to dismiss valid criticism against you, and neither is history.

Agreed, the judge appears to have applied sound logic and morality in making that statement.

In Judaism they're called Mohels, and from a quick search the cost seems to be a "donation" for his services. Around the $500 / £350-£400 mark, from what I can tell.

The fee doesnt go to the mohel in Israel. He's compensated for travel costs only. The donation goes to his organisation. If a family cannot afford to pay anything they do not, as with all religious ceremonies there. It's considered a mitzvah (religious duty/good deed)

Any German action that impacts on Jewish life/religious beliefs is understandably met with more outrage than that of say Britain given their history/past record.

Anti-Jewish/Muslim sentiment is rife throughout Europe, especially Germany and eastern Europe. It's not unreasonable to suggest this influences political/legal decisions.

Yes, I'm sure. It's been a requirement for at least 3324yrs.

Ah, you're talking about a religious law? What does that count for then? There are Jews who decided not to circumcise their babies. They are still Jews and they recieved no punishment.

Yes- because that's what a covenant is in Jewish law.

You're saying that, but show me in actual law where any covenant is valid, where one man makes promises to be carried out by future unwilling generations, who are yet to exist.

Why are you so aerated, anyway

Aerated? Is that what you call a waitress when she asks you what you want to eat? Because that's all I'm doing, calmly asking reasonable questions (this is a discussion about the future of circumcision, you know that, right?)

Why are you so against me asking these questions? Did it happen to you?

seeing as it does not apply to you?

Because the victims not only have no choice, they have no voice.