Looks like circumcision could be banned.

MGM of babies might be a circumcision in the vast majority of cases, but it does carry the risk of total removal of penis or death.

FGM of babies could also include a circumcision equivalent to that of a male baby, or a simple snick with a knife to mark the child for cultural reasons.

To simply assert that all MGM is okay, and all FGM is bad, is far too simplistic. If you defend circumcision of male babies, then you cannot logically argue that circumcision of female babies is wrong. You must also defend some FGM.

Why must I ?

One is about control, domination and deliberate mutilation and the other isn't.

If you're talking about single cases out of millions then it's possible for a baby to catch herpes (cold sores) from any health care professional. Just because this particular rabbi was a freak and used his mouth during the ceremony. So yes circumcision where some guy puts his mouth near or around a baby's penis should be banned and is wrong. Mohels who are doctors should also not be allowed to perform the procedure.

I believe the nhs funds it because they don't want to see it being carried in the back rooms of community centres by untrained people, complications from this would be far more difficult to treat.

i got all the way to 29 without having seen an uncircumsized penis ( and no i dont date muslim men before any smart ass pm's me. i aint muslim ) got to say i prefer circumsized

You see. The ladies love it. For that reason alone it's worth it. :)

Central Africans living here see the ritual of beating kindoki out of possessed children important, perhaps we should permit that on cultural grounds too?

Some even use cigarette burns as part of this ritual. Should cigarettes be banned too?

Is beating a child am accepted medical procedure that's performed in public with the blessing of the parents? No. I thought not.

Some Central Africans living here also eat there firstborn grandchild in a ritual for good luck. I'm not saying that shouldn't be banned either. Surprisingly.

For people who feel that strongly about it: feel free not to have your kids done.

So you believe it's a human right to be able to mutilate the genitals of boys?

To mutilate is to disable, disfigure or maul, male circumcision does nothing of the sort, the removal foreskin doesn’t disfigure or disable the penis only reveal more of the shaft and some people are born without foreskin.

When the child is old enough to consent for medical treatment, then they are old enough to decide if they want to be circumcised.

Nonsense. That is like saying you should not pierce your child's ear- as when it grows up, he/she will question why their ear was pierced.

The are many benefits of circumcision that those who do it are happy with the pros- I have not seen one negative aspect nor have I seen anyone complain about being circumcised.

I had my son circumcised by a Jewish doctor- my son has never moaned or even raised the subject when he could have.

This is just another typical atheist rant. People who do this for whatever reasons will continue- not stop because a few dislike it.

Unless there is some harmful outcome or there are implications to it, (none which I have ever read of or heard of) there is no issue to it.

Get over it...and move on.

Unless there is some harmful outcome or there are implications to it, (none which I have ever read of or heard of) there is no issue to it.

Except there's absolutely no reason FOR it, otherwise, my post about chopping off more bits would be valid.