Immigrant to sue the UK for £11 million - for making him UNHAPPY

How can he sue when he lacks citizenship,a solicitor and other essentials?

The only essentials for filing a lawsuit are the correct form from the court, and the fee required to submit it. Fees are generally waived for people on low incomes.

To actually get anywhere with said lawsuit requires some semblance of common sense behind it. This one, if it ever even reaches the desk of a court judge, will be thrown out on the spot.

You walk to the county court building in town. You ask them for a claim form.

You tell them that your claim is worth in excess of £1m. They say "pay this court fee". They then issue it in the High Court system.

Just because it says "it's a high court case" doesn't mean anything. It's been issued in the high court because of value. Anyone, anywhere can do that. You don't need a lawyer, you don't need a QC. You issue the claim form above a certain value and pay your court fee. You can do that for a case if you wish - if it has a value above the High Court limit (there's a few technicalities there as to limit, but over £1m, you'd be in the High Court).

The other point is the money - it does indeed cost a lot of money to issue a High Court claim. Unless you're on benefits, in which case you can claim reduced rates....but that's another argument.

So I'm assuming that High Court claims will take longer to be processed than just a run of the mil conty ourt claim? And I'm assuming he probably can't be deported whilst he has legal action ongoing....and therein lies his motive - it's to delay his deportation as long as possible.

The Sun, being the paper they are, headline it to suggest that this guy is fighting some huge court battle, going to win, and will cost the uk £11mill. The reality is very different to what is portrayed.

Yes, but it's not necessarily the case that he will get nothing either is it? The section about human rights and providing for his family's basic needs sounds like it could well be something he would stand a chance of winning I would think. Particularly if he took it beyond that system with the human rights claims he's making and into the EHCR system perhaps?

The only essentials for filing a lawsuit are the correct form from the court, and the fee required to submit it. Fees are generally waived for people on low incomes.

To actually get anywhere with said lawsuit requires some semblance of common sense behind it. This one, if it ever even reaches the desk of a court judge, will be thrown out on the spot.

Thanks for concurring:hihi:

So you think the headlines, Migrant to sue UK for making him unhappy - £11million will cheer him up, isn't over hyped?

He is unhappy, he wants 11 million I presume to change that, so in effect 11 million will cheer him up.

The statement isn't over hyped for me, if 11 million is not going to cheer you up then nothing will.

So I'm assuming that High Court claims will take longer to be processed than just a run of the mil conty ourt claim? And I'm assuming he probably can't be deported whilst he has legal action ongoing....and therein lies his motive - it's to delay his deportation as long as possible.

The first thing I thought on just reading the topic of the title.

There is most likely a lot of people in jail at the moment that preferred to commit a crime and stay here rather than face being deported also, its all part of the game and one worth playing with the sounds of it.

Saying that, its no more than any of us would probably do to stay in a country that offered a better standard of living.

The first thing I thought on just reading the topic of the title.

There is most likely a lot of people in jail at the moment that preferred to commit a crime and stay here rather than face being deported also, its all part of the game and one worth playing with the sounds of it.

Saying that, its no more than any of us would probably do to stay in a country that offered a better standard of living.

Can't blame them for wanting to escape their own peoples and nations, can blame successive Governments for allowing them to !

Archived