Has anyone else tried hiring out the decorations from their wedding?

Has anyone else on this forum successfully managed to hire or sell items they used for decoration at their weddings? We ordered candelabras for our centrepieces, but our wedding isn't until October so we wondered about trying to hire them out a few times, with the aim of making our money back and if successful, perhaps even a little bit extra for the honeymoon!

Do you think people would be interested in hiring stuff like that? I know florists and decoration companies will offer candelabra hire and that some venues would already have them but we would be offering them for a very competetive price including mirror plates and candles, and set-up at venue for a small extra charge so we thought it might seem more attractive than hiring from a company.

Has anyone else tried this? What other ways have you thrifty brides found to make some savings or make some money back?

(p.s. I have placed an ad in the classifieds on here so I will let everyone know how it goes!)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived