Football for the unskilled

Hi all,

I have played footy with several five-a-side teams and enjoyed it. However I have noticed the following:

- Those involved are often quite good at football (ie better than I)

- Many of them seem to take it quite seriously (berating bad form etc)

- It can get very physical sometimes, even aggressive

I wanted to organise a regular game with some folk who perhaps haven't played for a while / are not up to the usual 5-a-side standard. Who do not take the game too seriously and are in it for fun and fitness.

I'm not talking about competing in a league, simply booking a pitch for an hour and having a regular game or whatever.

I'm on the west side of town (S10) but happy to to travel. Guys I know book a pitch at Tapton school of an evening so I guess that's an option, there are always places to play. Thought it best to see if anyone else is interested before we go looking for a venue.

Any takers?

I think what would be best is if we all have a meet somewhere such as a park and have a kick around so we can see what sort of numbers turn up. After maybe look at booking a pitch somewhere, how does that sound?

I can't see anybody pitching in £50 for people not to turn up, which does happen!

Whats the best evening / day for everyone?

I work until half 5 Monday to Friday, so any evening from 6 on wards could be ok for me.

Archived