Sheftival Festival - 4th/5th August 2012

I don't get this. Who buys tickets for a festival before you knw who's on?

For all the big festivals, it's the norm. It's £20 for two days, that's a tenner a day. Just go skating if you don't like the bands. Anyway, the announcements on Thurs.

• 2 weeks later...

This festival smacks of a dead dud. They say they're going to get 50,000 people there, how??

It's only six weeks away and nobody is talking about it. I see nobody's even mentioned it on here for a fortnight, it's got less than 900 Facebook "likes", it's a non event. The only people who mention it on Twitter are working on it.

The line up is rubbish, it won't attract anybody. Why is no one getting upset at the amount of money that Sheffield International Venues must be spending on this? They can dress it up all they like, they run public buildings with public money.

I know they keep talking about The Real Radio stage, but doesn't that happen every year anyway at the big fireworks event? And aren't Real Radio just about to get closed down? http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/jun/14/global-radio-gmg-deal-close?newsfeed=true

They should pull the plug now, before they waste any more money.

The line up is rubbish, it won't attract anybody.

I think that the saturday line up is very good - far better than I'd thought it'd be when I heard the plan for the festival - though cannot imagine it attracting 50,000 (where did you get that figure from?)

thought it looked a bit pricey for me... especially when there's a free festival with more to offer on just after it! as a family on a budget, i know what i'll be picking.

Archived