Sheftival Festival - 4th/5th August 2012

Sheffield is rubbish at publicising its own events. I've missed all sorts of things, only hearing about them after the event.

Out of interest, and note I don't have anything to do with Sheftival but am involved with a couple of beer festivals, where ideally do you think events should be publicised?

Serious question, especially as things such as Sheftival are advertised on street posters, free magazines, local press, Sheffield Forum, Facebook, Twitter, Sheffield tourism website and more.

Oh god here we go again.....

moan, moan, whine, whine, bitch, bitch.

You lot would be moaning if Leeds did something like this and we didn't. Now you are moaning because you are actually trying to do something.

"what if it rains" - take a bloody umbrella then.

"its too expensive" - acts don't play for free. Why not actually take a look at all the free stuff that's being provided.

"whose going to pick up the bill" - errmmm, Duh, maybe the sponsors?

God sake. Reading this forum sometimes makes me so mad. A bunch of whinging whining hypocrits who will no doubt be there enjoying the freebies and having a drink in the sun at one of the many cash bars after slagging it off on here.

Just like the olympic torch events, just like last year's tramlines, just like the Sheffield Comedy Festival every year.

Lighten up.

Looks a fantastic a couple of days, at real bargain prices , and someone as gone to a lot of effort to pull it all together. I think some folk on here need to get a grip on their sad life's moaning about , worrying about , if rain might come etc etc. Lifes what you make it. I for one , along with many other friends will be there rain , or sunshine. Enjoying ourselves.

Out of interest though, does the poster advertising the event actually say where it is . The one I saw on Facebook didn't and I had to google it to find where it was going to be held .

It seems good value to me for a full days entertainment.

The music doesn't interest me, but ice skating, a chance to see my ice hockey team, watching our Jess , enjoying different foods and quaffing a few beers certainly does.

The last time I looked Don Valley Stadium, Ice Sheffield and the Institute for Sport were all under cover, so even if it rains it won't be a dead loss.

I'm not one for attending events (except beer festivals and ice hockey), but this certainly appeals.

Regards

Doom

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I've just had a look at the star and seen something about a new festival Called Sheftival.

It looks great! And it's cheap enough for me to take all the family.

Anyone else know anything about it / is going?

I've been having a look on the internet and have a got a brief idea, but want some more info and to see what everyone else thinks of it?

Ta

x

Archived