Someone to decorate venue?

I am really struggling!

I want someone, who has a car (wether theyre a company or not!) to collect my cake, and decorations (all same place, 10 min from venue) take them to the venue, and decorate it. They are welcome to pick up the morning of the wedding, or the night before. Everything provided, even blu-tack/pins!

I will have, approx 6 banners, 15 x 3piece balloons (these need filling, and tying with ribbon - helium canister provided), couple of tables lined up with cloths and runners over them, set the cake up, and cupcakes. Stick a couple of bits on the other tables (camera, sweetys, party poppers) and leave. Just make sure the room is somewhat tidy, and the main table with cake is ready for the caterer.

Its a Friday, and needs doing around 1-2pm, guests arrive at 6pm, caterer arrive at 4.30pm.

Is this an unreasonable thing? Is it not the done thing? Why is this base in weddings not covered? (Well it is, but for £160!?

) Am I wanting too much for too little £'s?

Please help me out! I am getting more and more annoyed by the hour planning this wedding.

Do you have a budget in mind?

If you pay a company to do it they will have to cover costs such as car/fuel, staff (I would have thought there would be at least two people required to decorate your venue), insurance, plus make a profit on top.

Is there anyone in your friends or family who could help set it up on the day?

Do you have a budget in mind?

If you pay a company to do it they will have to cover costs such as car/fuel, staff (I would have thought there would be at least two people required to decorate your venue), insurance, plus make a profit on top.

Is there anyone in your friends or family who could help set it up on the day?

There isn't a budget as such, but it is just 'as cheap as possible'. £160 is far too much. I understand theres overheads etc but I don't think it'd take 2 people either. I could do it myself, in an hour, only thing is - I need to be at the ceremony! Friends have offered, but its not right, as most will be coming from elsewhere and staying overnight (essex, rugby, huddersfield etc) for them to pick the stuff up, do what needs doing, get ready, and then go celebrate in the evening.

Why do people get married, seriously? This 'on-a-budget' thing, doesn't exist.

Will anyone at the venue help out? At my wedding the venue put out the mirror, candles and vases. If I remember rightly we took the decorations to the hotel the day before. They didn't charge any extra to put the stuff out.

Its a long time since I got married but I have since had experience of weddings of friends and family. It is usual for bride, groom, friends or family to do these things unless you pay for a planner. Sometimes you can get the cake delivered to the venue but you do pay for this in the price. I agree with the previous posts, try to arrange something between the venue, friends and family. Ask your cake supplier if they will deliver and set it up for you.

Hope your day goes well.

Archived