"one foot in The past" BBC Kiveton Park

chelsea76

I am trying to trace anyone who might have this video's or know of someone who has it.

Its a BBC documentary made about 3 miners just after the miners strike ended. It was filmed in kiveton park at the pithead baths around 1983/4 I think...

One of the men in the documantary was my grandad, hes 83 now and would be very special if i could dig it out and give it him as a birthday present.

It was named BBC's "One Foot In The Past" miners account.

Please email michaele@michaele.plus.com with any info you may have

Much appreciated

M Eyre

• 9 months later...

Hi Michael,

Your e-mail address is on my old computer, which I can't get into at the moment, but I've tracked down a copy of the documentary.

I've arranged for someone to make some copies and I'll give you a copy as soon as that's done (should be a couple of weeks) - in the meantime, let me know if you'd like to pop down to the Colliery Offices to watch it (it's about 15 minutes long). We've also got lots of bits and pieces of mining memorabilia which your grandad might be interested in.

I look forward to hearing from you,

John

Hi Michael,

I'm only in Kiveton from Monday to Wednesday, and unfortunately I'm busy this afternoon. Could you come on Monday lunchtime/early afternoon? Otherwise, anytime on Wednesday would be great.

One of our volunteers is making a back-up copy as we speak. I'll ask him to run a copy off for you - which I could pop around to your Grandad next week if that is more convenient, but it would be great to see you both and your Grandad might be interested in some of the stuff we've collected, from deputies' sticks to miners' soap!

Could I just check it's the right one, it is definitely the BBC One Foot in the Past video, with three miners in the baths reminiscing about their experiences in there (one of whom, Lance Wilks, is one of our history volunteers), but it is from about 1995. I've also got another local history video which I'll give you a copy of, which has lots of information about the pits.

I look forward to hearing from you - my personal e-mail is johntanner1979@yahoo.co.uk, which I'll be able to access when I'm away from the office over the next few days.

All the best,

John

Archived