Driving is a luxury and a responsibility - not a right

The speed limit also depend if there is a central reservation or not. Some with a central reservation can have low speed limits. One in Rotherham has recently been reduced from 50 to 40mph.

It's not a dual carriageway if there is no central reservation.

most cyclist seem ,when their allowed to the front of traffic , set off from the lights mind numbingly slowly "cars" them have to drive accordingly or try to pass said cyclist without killing them,heart in mouth.who,s going to be frustrated the most, the majority car drivers or few in number cyclists. get to the back of the queue where you cant cause problems

If you can't overtake a cyclist without having your heart in your mouth then you should probably go and learn to drive.

And how did a thread that was nothing to do with cycling end up on this track?

Ah but living in the countryside is a lifestyle choice

Yeah, being a farmer is completely a lifestyle choice. Of course if it was one that some people didn't make then everyone not living in the country would starve.

so if you've chosen to be reliant on your car then it's a luxury.

I suppose the farmers should use a horse and cart to get their produce to the local market.

A necessity is something we must have in order to live - you can't say that about owning a car can you?

I don't think we could claim that it's a necessity per se, but to claim it's a luxury is equally foolish.

Yeah, being a farmer is completely a lifestyle choice. Of course if it was one that some people didn't make then everyone not living in the country would starve.

I suppose the farmers should use a horse and cart to get their produce to the local market.

I don't think we could claim that it's a necessity per se, but to claim it's a luxury is equally foolish.

Being a surgeon is also a lifestyle choice, where would we be without them? Not in the way we live today. Why do they choose to be a surgeon, or a farmer? There are many contributing factors, money, talent, intelligence/capability, parents, society. We wouldn't all die if there were no surgeons, and we wouldn't all starve of there were no farmers. We would have to live in a different way. Now this really has gone of topic :)

Why is it foolish to believe driving isn't a luxury? There are plenty of people who don't drive and get by just fine in modern life. If it isn't a necessity and isn't a luxury, then what is it?

If you can't overtake a cyclist without having your heart in your mouth then you should probably go and learn to drive.

And how did a thread that was nothing to do with cycling end up on this track?

im worried about being forced into the middle of the road by a foot wide cyclist doing 0 miles an hour using more road than a bus, im worried about hitting oncoming traffic,you quoted has a frustrated cyclist. driving is a luxury, only something that expends so much money could qualify has a luxury

bad driving is rife on the most dangerous road of all.....the motorway. Why a huge amount of drivers ignore the inside lane is beyond me. At rush hour in the morning, I can get to Leeds from Sheffield using only the inside lane, and get there brisker than the numpties sat in the middle and outside lanes. It does say in the HC that you should keep left unless overtaking. Pity some of these clowns forgot to read that.

bad driving is rife on the most dangerous road of all.....the motorway. Why a huge amount of drivers ignore the inside lane is beyond me. At rush hour in the morning, I can get to Leeds from Sheffield using only the inside lane, and get there brisker than the numpties sat in the middle and outside lanes. It does say in the HC that you should keep left unless overtaking. Pity some of these clowns forgot to read that.

So true. Worst thing is that you could get six points for undertaking yet they would get nothing for being sat in the middle lane and causing you to undertake or go all the way around.

Middle landers cause so much traffic build up! So many times I have come across traffic where you finally get past the middle laner and you have a free run! I don't understand why they do it.

im worried about being forced into the middle of the road by a foot wide cyclist doing 0 miles an hour using more road than a bus

That would be called overtaking, it's the same no matter what vehicle you overtake.

im worried about hitting oncoming traffic

That must be a concern whenever you overtake?

driving is a luxury, only something that expends so much money could qualify has a luxury

Life depends on money, food for example, all about money, that doesn't make it a luxury.

Being a surgeon is also a lifestyle choice, where would we be without them? Not in the way we live today. Why do they choose to be a surgeon, or a farmer? There are many contributing factors, money, talent, intelligence/capability, parents, society. We wouldn't all die if there were no surgeons, and we wouldn't all starve of there were no farmers. We would have to live in a different way. Now this really has gone of topic :)

Why is it foolish to believe driving isn't a luxury? There are plenty of people who don't drive and get by just fine in modern life. If it isn't a necessity and isn't a luxury, then what is it?

There are also plenty of people who couldn't live as they do without driving and who are vital to society.

There are people who live without cars, but if we all tried to do it then we'd have to revert to an economy similar to the one that existed before cars were created.

Luxury isn't the antonym of necessity.

Archived