Assisted-Suicide or Murder? - The Tony Nicklinson Story

Thanks; so, at present, you cannot rebut them.

A good reason for not changing the law, then.

It's a good reason for not changing the law until we've had a proper debate about it but it's not a good reason to never change the law.

I have a foot in neither camp. Please familiarise yourself with the concepts of 'logic' and 'discussion'.

Logic and discussion yes, but a word compassion comes to mind also, clearly something you dont have any of.

Logic and discussion yes, but a word compassion comes to mind also, clearly something you dont have any of.
What do you expect from someone who defends the priviliged few around the world (including The UK and the countries in Africa where babies are starving) from stashing away $3.1 Trillions each year because of priviliges they enjoy due to immoral tax systems that favour top earners.

Heard him last week on Radio 4 after the court verdict , sobbing , it was heartbreaking . Heard the news today and am not ashamed to say that , although I never knew the man personally , sobbed my heart out . May Tony Nicklinson now rest in peace , thoughts go out to his family . Why is the law so inflexible ?
Because the world is awash with knowalls, Ah But wallahs and lawyers making wads of money that they then stash away off shore.

I remember a very religious Christian woman I used to know, permitting her poor husband to die in the most dreadful pain, when he was terminal with cancer, because she refused to allow him to have the (now pretty much obsolete) Brompton cocktail, which was used back then, as palliative relief. She believed that it would hasten his passing, and in her uninformed opinion (? her stupidity?) this would be tantamount to killing him.

Now, I know that certain medications like Brompton can "hasten death", in a manner of speaking, but that it hastens it only by a short time, and that meds like Brompton tend to be used when the situation is near the close of life, anyway.

If a terminlay ill patient wishes to end it all and if they're in full control of their mind nobody has a right to say no.

Not even those on here who have nothing to say but still say it don't agree.

R.I.P Tony you're free at last, to your family my sincerest condolences.

Archived