Assisted-Suicide or Murder? - The Tony Nicklinson Story

I don't know why the law can't be changed, if your classed as terminal ill or have locked in syndrome and you are sound of mind then I don't see the problem of writing a law on it providing you go through the right channels and then at the end the judge grants it, providing they also pay the costs if the person can pay it

I don't know why the law can't be changed, if your classed as terminal ill or have locked in syndrome and you are sound of mind then I don't see the problem of writing a law on it providing you go through the right channels and then at the end the judge grants it, providing they also pay the costs if the person can pay it

Sounds so simple doesn't it,i wonder why no one else has thought of that.

It is simple, their not thinking any possible solutions. If someone is terminally ill then they should have the right to end their suffering, as for lock in syndrome the suffering is even worse, ya basically a live ornament. Am sure it would make death that little easier for victim and family. Not all lock in syndrome patients will tend to feel the same though, Ron Houben was mistakenly put as being in a coma for 23 years for which he went through hell but since doctors realised their mistake, he is now said to be as happy as he could be

What's the difference between assisted suicide and the Liverpool "care" pathway ? Whenever I read about that, which seems to decided by doctors rather than family, it always seems a hairs breath away from pressing a pillow over someone's face.

The two cannot sensibly compared.

If you are referring to the 'end of life pathway' this is a plan of care which is initiated when a person is known to be in the later stages of life. It is a plan which is made in partnership with the patient (if they are able to contribute), the family and all multi disciplines involved in the persons care which includes doctors, nurses, palliative care staff and therapists to ensure that the person in questions receives the best care at the end of their life.

To insinuate that it is akin to 'pressing a pillow over someones face' is sickening - I suggests you do more research into this.

You have made rather a fool of yourself imo.

Sounds so simple doesn't it,i wonder why no one else has thought of that.

It is very simple, if I want to end my life, I can end it, I can end it in a various ways, but it would make much more sense for someone to give me a lethal injection than for me to jump in front of a train, a bus, jump off a cliff or building. Legally allowing someone to give me a lethal injection would save thousands of pounds and save someone the unpleasant task of cleaning my body parts off the train track or where ever it ends up after death.

Archived