Assisted-Suicide or Murder? - The Tony Nicklinson Story

The law is constantly evolving as society changes, you can't therefore state that something is wrong because it is illegal, which is why asking morally is different to asking legally.

If I stated it was wrong then I apologise. I'm sure I only stated it was illegal.

I also agree that law is an evolving construct and not all that is illegal is wrong.

If I stated it was wrong then I apologise. I'm sure I only stated it was illegal.

I also agree that law is an evolving construct and not all that is illegal is wrong.

you said you would consider it murder if it was illegal which was a brilliant side step of the question!

no I don't think he can refuse those things. His wife would probably be charged with neglect if she did not feed him, also he would then create further pain for himself-why would you wish that on someone?

I wouldn't..why would you suggest it?

Do you watch your loved one suffer in pain or do you wait for the evolving law to change...months, years, decades maybe? You mention selfishness and such sentiments but are you prepared to wait to save your own bacon and watch your loved one continue in misery?

Do you watch your loved one suffer in pain or do you wait for the evolving law to change...months, years, decades maybe? You mention selfishness and such sentiments but are you prepared to wait to save your own bacon and watch your loved one continue in misery?

no I don't think I would be, although if I had kids I think I would have to...but why impose that on people when we could change the law:loopy:

you said you would consider it murder if it was illegal which was a brilliant side step of the question!

Ok..seems you have an agenda. I never said "consider". And I certainly never sidestepped any question.

My disagreement is with your theory that this has nothing to do with anyone else..I disagreed and it put you in wobble mode. His personal situation has nothing to do with me personally or equally you for that matter, but it hasn't stopped you getting on a soapbox..The ramifications of the outcome certainly has..for everyone.

Why do you think someone should not have the option of asking a doctor or nurse to administrate a lethal injection (accepting that the person is mentally competent)?

Archived