Car question. Can it really be that hard?

No, you've told us more than that.

For example that you don't think Sibon has any right to ask that your car be roadworthy because he's not your Mum.

You back then?

Youve had all that time and youve only thought of that to say?

Poor show:hihi:

As for Sibons rights.

He/she has none what so ever when it comes to how i keep my car ;)

Ile give you some honest advise on doing an exhaust back box,first of all get the part and get new exhaust clamps and get some exhaust sealant paste and a tin of WD/40, if you have some wheel ramps get it up on them as it makes things a lot easy to get under, do not go under the car on a jack unless you have some axles stands,the exhaust is in sections and is usually rusted together it can take some serous effort to separate you will probably have to cut the bolts off and hammer it off, the exhaust is suspended on rubber brackets that are usually perished and difficult to get off you will need ether a good hack saw or an angel-grinder to cut the bolts off it is a scruffy knuckle shredding job and to be honest with you the effort involved in doing it your self is sometimes not worth it Im a mechanic myself and I hate doing exhausts I would sooner take it in to Charlie Browns and pay them to do it.

Thanks Shogun. Ill copy and paste that for later use.

For now though im going for the cheaper option of fixing the hole and getting it through the MOT. Itll pass with an advisory as is and with a fix i may not even get an advisory.

Fingers crossed for that one.

Guest sibon
No, you've told us more than that.

For example that you don't think Sibon has any right to ask that your car be roadworthy because he's not your Mum.

I'd like to know how he knows that I'm not his Mum.

I seem to spend quite a lot of time clearing up after him:)

You back then?

Youve had all that time and youve only thought of that to say?

Poor show:hihi:

I'm working, not spending the afternoon worrying about your exhaust.

And you were longer between posts than I was, I posted at 14:32 and you didn't reply for nearly 2 hours!

As for Sibons rights.

He/she has none what so ever when it comes to how i keep my car ;)

They have every right to an opinion.

I could argue that we all have a right to expect that every vehicle on the road is roadworthy, the law gives us that right by requiring that they be roadworthy.

Im sure you working towards a point of some kind.

A meaning to your ramblings if you will.

Could you do me, the forum and the rest of humanity a favor and just get to it?

Theres a good chap :)

Archived