Car question. Can it really be that hard?

My cobi van is due for the MOT this week and I have just been under it on the wheel ramps and shock horror:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked: Ive got a small pin hole in my back box god knows what Im gong to do will this mean I can never use my van on the road again especially as it has not been serviced at regular intervals and that could void my manufactures warranty I was advised by a guy in the pub who knows a bit about cars and things and he says if you keep your car battery under the front door mat it will last a lot longer and it will start first thing in the morning,he says that you can just stick a plaster on it just make sure you paint it the same coulour and they might not see it,or should I just bite the built and take it into Kwick Fit:confused: they advertise an MOT and service for £900,99p sounds good to me I would not take it to Charlie Browns the guy in the pub says that they are not qualified mechanics and I don't want no armatures messing with my van its a safety thing:suspect: anyway Im off now to rotate my tyres the guy in the pub says they last a lot longer if you do.:thumbsup:

You know ive got a minor leak on my back box.

The rest youve all made up between yourselves:hihi:

Now carry on with the character assassination.

By the way, did i tell you i went to Texas on November 22, 63?

I was only 6 months old like but i was there.

Maybe i shot him:hihi:

If it's a minor leak don't bother changing the back box, get some of the bondage tape, perhaps that would cure the problem, I've never used it so wouldn't know.

I've (well I say I, a friend of mine) changed my back box and downpipe on my old car, I helped out, socket set and a screw driver so you can prise away the rubber mounts (may aswell replace them really while you're at it) and, if you've never done it before, a spare hour, you'll be fine. Trolley jack and paste aswell lol.

If it's a minor leak don't bother changing the back box, get some of the bondage tape, perhaps that would cure the problem, I've never used it so wouldn't know.

I've (well I say I, a friend of mine) changed my back box and downpipe on my old car, I helped out, socket set and a screw driver so you can prise away the rubber mounts (may aswell replace them really while you're at it) and, if you've never done it before, a spare hour, you'll be fine. Trolley jack and paste aswell lol.

Thanks mate. Its all fixed now.

Used some putty type thing.

A word of warning though. It appears im worse than hitler and satan combined for daring to want to fix it rather than replace the whole thing. You should really read back through the thread. See some of the stupid stuff people have come out with.

Its given me a right laugh i can tell ya.

:D

Thanks once again mate :)

Thanks mate. Its all fixed now.

Used some putty type thing.

A word of warning though. It appears im worse than hitler and satan combined for daring to want to fix it rather than replace the whole thing. You should really read back through the thread. See some of the stupid stuff people have come out with.

Its given me a right laugh i can tell ya.

:D

Thanks once again mate :)

Nah, I'm an avid watcher of Wheeler Dealers, and if that show has taught me anythin', it's that replacing the components of a certain part is much cheaper than replacing the entire piece.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote= anyway Im off now to rotate my tyres the guy in the pub says they last a lot longer if you do.:thumbsup:[/quote

My tyres rotate when I drive but they don't last any longer

Don't listen to blokes in a pub.

Archived