Help needed with insurance for 17yr olds

Sounds odd, but a 206 probably won't be one of the cheapest to insure, despite it being a small car. My brother found a group 6 car cheaper to insure than a group 1.

And I'm thinking of moving from a group 6 to a group 11 car, which is also cheaper.

Put yourself and his dad on the insurance as named drivers.

Definately shop around. My cousin's youngest got his insurance (17 Corsa 1.2) for just under £2000 last year. Still crazy IMO.

The alternative is just to wait. Does he need a car?

Hi, If they haven't yet passed their driving test Provisional Marmalade and Collingwoods do PAYG insurance for learners. They may also insure after passing the test as well.

With 2 sons who both passed their test at 17 we found Direct Line very competitive especially on their multi car policy.

Youngest son has just insured with Endsleigh at £700 where the nearest quote to them was over £1,000.

We found this on compare the market but then managed to knock another £100 off by going direct and using topcashback.

There was someone on Toby Fosters show the other week saying that their daughter had a car, was learning to drive and the insurance was quite cheap. When she passed the insurance company wanted an astronomical amount to insure her.

There was someone on Toby Fosters show the other week saying that their daughter had a car, was learning to drive and the insurance was quite cheap. When she passed the insurance company wanted an astronomical amount to insure her.

Because while she was learning she will have had an experienced driver in with her..once she passed she'd be an inexperienced driver out on her own..

To be honest you ain't going to find cheap insurance at 17. I'm nearly 22 and insurance for me is around 3 n half thousand and I tried loads of different car ranging from under 1ltr to 1.2.

Don't do comparison sites because I have found that for young drivers theh seem to show sill prices. I found tesco to be the cheapest and my dad is also with tesco as they was by far the cheapest.

Go direct to companies by internet or phone.

To be honest you ain't going to find cheap insurance at 17. I'm nearly 22 and insurance for me is around 3 n half thousand and I tried loads of different car ranging from under 1ltr to 1.2.

My son is 23 and only pays £450 for his car..it's 1.8 too....how long have you been driving?

Archived