Help needed with insurance for 17yr olds

truman - details please. My insurance on a 1.8 is only £100 less than that and I'm 47!

I live in a pretty low risk area (Lincolnshire) and have 7 years NCB.

Playstaion - thats an insane amount. You must live in a high risk area and/or have points on your licence/zero NCB.

truman - details please. My insurance on a 1.8 is only £100 less than that and I'm 47!

Playstaion - thats an insane amount. You must live in a high risk area and/or have points on your licence/zero NCB.

What details..he's 23 drives a 1.8 focus and is insiured via the big grey animal..we don't live in the town centre,the car is on a drive overnight..not garaged..he has 5 years NCD..

Put yourself and his dad on the insurance as named drivers.

Definately shop around. My cousin's youngest got his insurance (17 Corsa 1.2) for just under £2000 last year. Still crazy IMO.

The alternative is just to wait. Does he need a car?

And not get any no claims bonus that why I said put the dad on the sons policy

Yep S5 and I haven't drove since passing my test.

Because while she was learning she will have had an experienced driver in with her..once she passed she'd be an inexperienced driver out on her own..

She may have had an experienced driver with her but the experienced driver has not got full control unless it has a dual system in it, they can only grab the steering wheel or pull on the handbrake if needed.

She may have had an experienced driver with her but the experienced driver has not got full control unless it has a dual system in it, they can only grab the steering wheel or pull on the handbrake if needed.

I suppose the idea is that exprienced driver wouldn't let the situation develop where he/she needed to interfere like that....when the learner had passed then there's no-one at all to assist in any way...

I suppose the idea is that exprienced driver wouldn't let the situation develop where he/she needed to interfere like that....when the learner had passed then there's no-one at all to assist in any way...

...and there is the chance that the qualified driver is with a load of their peers that could be egging them on to not drive safely, or just being generally more unruly. The person accompanying the learner is seen as a sobering influence.

The insurance companies will work on statistics from accident records. If their records show that learner drivers generally have fewer and less serious accidents than newly qualified drivers do, then the insurance rates will reflect this.

thanks for the replies been doing quotes most of day not getting under 6000 ridculus prices tbh alot of his friends been quoted around 2000 but when ive tried the same insurance company its around 6000 ha ha dont really understand it have been told could possibly be post code or car ?? but then some of the insurers say each company put different cars in different grops ie with tesco it could be group 1 then another insurance might group it higher .

thanks for the replies been doing quotes most of day not getting under 6000 ridculus prices tbh alot of his friends been quoted around 2000 but when ive tried the same insurance company its around 6000 ha ha dont really understand it have been told could possibly be post code or car ?? but then some of the insurers say each company put different cars in different grops ie with tesco it could be group 1 then another insurance might group it higher .

Said that in post 2 :)

Archived