Turning back the clock of life.

Everyone should just do it. Life's too short.

Over the years I've been in touch with some ex girlfriends. Sadly, I've met some of them at funerals recently which is an indication that time is running out for us all. I look at some of them and think "blimey, that was a lucky escape" and I look at others and I think "if only". It's all part of the rich tapestry of life.

I went to a rock festival a couple of weeks ago to see Black Sabbath, one of my favourites from a bygone era. I wore jeans, long (ish) hair and a Black Sabbath T Shirt. Nobody thought me odd. Most of my mates are jealous I've actually still got hair. It's nice once in a while to relive past memories and nothing wrong with living in a time less stressful is there? Now I'm back in the real world ........................ but I enjoyed my weekend back in the '70s. It did me good.

That's a sign you're getting old isn't it? Age is a measure of how many funerals you have attended!...Eeeeek!

Over the years I've been in touch with some ex girlfriends. Sadly, I've met some of them at funerals recently which is an indication that time is running out for us all. I look at some of them and think "blimey, that was a lucky escape" and I look at others and I think "if only". It's all part of the rich tapestry of life.

I went to a rock festival a couple of weeks ago to see Black Sabbath, one of my favourites from a bygone era. I wore jeans, long (ish) hair and a Black Sabbath T Shirt. Nobody thought me odd. Most of my mates are jealous I've actually still got hair. It's nice once in a while to relive past memories and nothing wrong with living in a time less stressful is there? Now I'm back in the real world ........................ but I enjoyed my weekend back in the '70s. It did me good.

That's a sign you're getting old isn't it? Age is a measure of how many funerals you have attended!...Eeeeek!

Ah...Happy days!....I saw Sabbath in the 70's in Birmingham....Sigh...good times!

I expected him to be well dressed and to behave like the gentleman I thought I remembered.

I have also never liked David Bowie as he dressed and acted like a silly girl.

As to my appearance well I take pride in myself both in dress and hopefully in being nice to people .

Thank you!

I should have posted earlier. Never go back to an old flame. Never. Never ever forever never never.

The guy, apparently looked like crap and was a tad "handsy". He will now be crushed. You arent happy either about turning up to meet a scruff. There isn't an upside here for anyone and outside of Hollywood there seldom is. Id love to go back but if it isn't appearances theyd have no doubt picked up an annoying habit or find something I do annoying and most conversations would start with "do you remember x ?" Not the way to start/pickup a relationship.

As I said, I should have posted earlier. Lesson learned for everyone !

I should have posted earlier. Never go back to an old flame. Never. Never ever forever never never.

The guy, apparently looked like crap and was a tad "handsy". He will now be crushed. You arent happy either about turning up to meet a scruff. There isn't an upside here for anyone and outside of Hollywood there seldom is. Id love to go back but if it isn't appearances theyd have no doubt picked up an annoying habit or find something I do annoying and most conversations would start with "do you remember x ?" Not the way to start/pickup a relationship.

The problem is, that as you get older, and single and more set in your ways, nothing and nobody is ever going to fit in with your lifestyle or the way you live your life. At least not without some 'serious' comprimises. I'm not saying it's a waste of time, but these things need to be considered.

I wasn't meaning to be rude to you but people who go in Atkinsons are of a certain age,after 40yrs he was not a young man anymore and you would not be the dolly bird he remembered either,perhaps you should have stayed a bit longer and found out his circumstances or if he had any traumas in his life which had possibly changed him.Bowie may have acted like and dressed like a silly girl and come on he was not alone but he is very wealthy. Maybe this old flame still thought a lot about you and was trying to say that he realized that he had made a big mistake all those years ago and did not know how to express his feelings in my oppinion for what its worth is you ought to have listened to his story and if you wern't happy just said that it was a long time ago.Have you condsidered that you may have hurt his feelings as well and that he may be very lonely and just needed a friend from the past.

Yes I have and it is not me! he can take his smutty talk and porridge down the pullover elsewhere.

You are of course right tinfoil I should not have replied, my friends are always warning me not to be so silly.

Archived