Are red cars more likely to suffer bird droppings?

Here's the article http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/902583-red-cars-more-likely-to-be-hit-by-bird-poo-than-any-other-says-survey

Do you have a red car? Do you find you're 'dumped' on more in relation to other cars?

Or is it just coincidence and where yoou choose to park?

I have a theory on why this phenomenon happens to people with red cars (as alleged).

Red cars tend to oxidise in sunlight making the paintwork dull. I know this because I've had several red cars, and it happened with all of them. So.....People park them if they can, out of direct sunlight!...Under trees etc...so therein lies the problem of bird poo!

What do you think?

Here's the article http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/902583-red-cars-more-likely-to-be-hit-by-bird-poo-than-any-other-says-survey

Do you have a red car? Do you find you're 'dumped' on more in relation to other cars?

Or is it just coincidence and where yoou choose to park?

I have a theory on why this phenomenon happens to people with red cars (as alleged).

Red cars tend to oxidise in sunlight making the paintwork dull. I know this because I've had several red cars, and it happened with all of them. So.....People park them if they can, out of direct sunlight!...Under trees etc...so therein lies the problem of bird poo!

What do you think?

One of our cars is 16 years old and is red but it's as bright as the day it came out of the factory..I thought it was primarily Vauxhalls that suffered from the dulling syndrome...

One of our cars is 16 years old and is red but it's as bright as the day it came out of the factory..I thought it was primarily Vauxhalls that suffered from the dulling syndrome...

Yes I think Vauxhalls do suffer more than most, but I also have had an 'older' Audi, which was a nightmare to keep buffed and looking anything like decent. Strangely that also suffered from the droppings syndrome....:huh:

Yes I think Vauxhalls do suffer more than most, but I also have had an 'older' Audi, which was a nightmare to keep buffed and looking anything like decent. Strangely that also suffered from the droppings syndrome....:huh:

I have a friend who has an older red VW Golf and that has dull paint..to the extent that one of the wings is almost white...if your theory is true then parking under trees doesn't help much :)

Archived