Is David Cameron Showing strong leadership standing up to Argentina..or?

Lets be honest here, Argentina only want the islands so they can get at the resources under them and their claim is pretty thin. Once the islanders make their position clear our position will be water tight.

Kirchner's rhetoric is to try and drum up support for her position as President. We shouldn't play her games.

That's exactly my point!...To me it's easy peasy, and tries to give the impression that he's a big strong man and standing up to the Argentinians.

Whereas, it's nothing of the sort!

Iv'e never voted Tory and am not a fan of the PM. However it could be argued that he's under pressure from the point of view of the eyes of the world being on him. Many nations, particularly South American ones probably do want him to 'negotiate' e.g. give Argentina rights to/a load of cash from oil drilling in the area. It's pretty obvious the hand wringing Lib Dems will be willing him to be 'open minded' to the Argentinians wishes.

Lets be honest here, Argentina only want the islands so they can get at the resources under them and their claim is pretty thin. Once the islanders make their position clear our position will be water tight.

Kirchner's rhetoric is to try and drum up support for her position as President. We shouldn't play her games.

That's what I thought, however I saw an Argentinians angry contribution to the 'Have your say' section on the BBC news website. Miss Angry said the islanders opinions were irrelevant since they had no right to be there. All it needs are the Argentinians backed by sympathisers to get various international laws used against the UK and we could be shafted. Or we shrug them off and be hated like the Americans as arrogant Anglo Saxon imperialists regardless of the facts e.g. conquistadors massacres and Galtieri's massacres.

Can you define strong leadership..he hasn't rolled over to the Argentinians has he..?

Of course he hasn't. You're missing the point (or I'm not explaining it too well)

The point I'm trying to convey is that any incumbent lodger in No10 would do exactly the same!!!!!...So it's nothing special......But the spin doctors would love to big-it-up...Into something it isn't!

Iv'e never voted Tory and am not a fan of the PM. However it could be argued that he's under pressure from the point of view of the eyes of the world being on him. Many nations, particularly South American ones probably do want him to 'negotiate' e.g. give Argentina rights to/a load of cash from oil drilling in the area. It's pretty obvious the hand wringing Lib Dems will be willing him to be 'open minded' to the Argentinians wishes.

It might be obvious in your deranged imagination but it I doubt it is to anyone else. Do you have any evidence that they have been doing that? No? Didn't think so. Perhaps you ought to read about the Lib Dem Foreign Office minister's reaction to an invitation to talks from Argentina in The Independent.

The point I'm trying to convey is that any incumbent lodger in No10 would do exactly the same!!!!!...So it's nothing special......But the spin doctors would love to big-it-up...Into something it isn't!
So you are asking posters to reach conclusions about the subjective side of this matter? :confused::huh:

The reason you might not be able to get your point across 'correctly'...is that there is no point to get across! :D

It all boils down to whether, as an individual, you're easily led (by spin doctors) or you can think for yourself (and see 'spin' -if there is any- for what it is, but knowing and understanding the underlying 'core' issue): no conclusions can be reached about that, it's simply human nature, has been for aeons.

None of it changes the facts that the Argentinians are simply 'testiculating', and the PM likewise-simply doing what's expected of him. Anything beyond that is simply open-ended conjecture.

It might be obvious in your deranged imagination but it I doubt it is to anyone else. Do you have any evidence that they have been doing that? No? Didn't think so. Perhaps you ought to read about the Lib Dem Foreign Office minister's reaction to an invitation to talks from Argentina in The Independent.

Interesting, I make a point with which you disagree and I'm deranged. Very Stalinist. If this is the quality of their supporters then God help the Lib Dems. I know such ethical, sensible, better people don't like lesser beings disagreeing with them but this takes the biscuit.

As for the this issue I don't think Clegg would have handled it in the same manner at all. He may reject the Argentinians wishes but he would have sat down to discuss it with her in a 'civilised manner' and that would be the first opening. From then on the Argentinians would hack away wanting more.

The reason you might not be able to get your point across 'correctly'...is that there is no point to get across!

If it's such a mind numbing obvious thread then you don't have to participate! Or do you enjoy trying to ridicule people? :suspect:

That's exactly my point!...To me it's easy peasy, and tries to give the impression that he's a big strong man and standing up to the Argentinians.

Whereas, it's nothing of the sort!

Why are you so disparaging of him? He is doing his job.

Archived