Is David Cameron Showing strong leadership standing up to Argentina..or?

Didn't Cameron go looking for Mrs K? To give her a message to respect the islanders' wishes?

If so it looks like posturing.

Yes I believe he did go looking for her...or that's what we're lead to believe!

Didn't Cameron go looking for Mrs K? To give her a message to respect the islanders' wishes?

If so it looks like posturing.

Not going looking for her to give her that message, would look like cowardice.

The people who already want to view his actions in a bad light, would have done so regardless of what he actually did.

If it's such a mind numbing obvious thread then you don't have to participate! Or do you enjoy trying to ridicule people? :suspect:
Eh? :huh:

Looks like you missed my point: your OP, because it 'looks' more like an attack on Cameron than inviting an apolitical dicussion about political spin in the Falklands context, is itself spin. IMHO.

Now, whether that's deliberate (you can't stand the guy) or not, I don't particularly care either way. The fact remains that, because you 'spin' to gin up a debate about 'spin', makes for a fruitless discussion from the off. IMHO.

PS: in reply to your question...can't say I mind, most of the time ;):twisted: Though I genuinely wasn't intending to 'ridicule' you in any way.

I think it's more to do with you claiming that something is obvious when, in fact, it's already been proven to be completely wrong.

Not really no. It is obvious that if it were a Lib Dem dominated government they would be much more open minded to discussing it. Quoting one Lib politician who is towing the collective line doesn't really change that.

Why are you so disparaging of him? He is doing his job.

Of course he is. As you would expect. But I'm quite sure I could tell them just the same thing...It's not a big deal.

In one report in the Telegraph http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/falklandislands/9342973/Respect-the-Falklanders-David-Cameron-tells-Cristina-Kirchner-in-row.html quotes "David Cameron on Tuesday night had a furious face-to-face showdown with the Argentine president over the Falkland Islands."

That gives the impression that they had a screaming stand up row. It was nothing of the sort, especially as it involved interpreters translating what they were saying!

Spin!

Eh? :huh:

Looks like you missed my point: your OP, because it 'looks' more like an attack on Cameron than inviting an apolitical dicussion about political spin in the Falklands context, is itself spin. IMHO.

Now, whether that's deliberate (you can't stand the guy) or not, I don't particularly care either way. The fact remains that, because you 'spin' to gin up a debate about 'spin', makes for a fruitless discussion from the off. IMHO.

PS: in reply to your question...can't say I mind, most of the time ;):twisted: Though I genuinely wasn't intending to 'ridicule' you in any way.

Truth is, I don't actually like Mr C. However did you guess? :hihi:

I just wondered if any others were actually being taken in, by the 'spin'. Or if they thought it was genuine "Iron Dave" ;)

Interesting, I make a point with which you disagree and I'm deranged. Very Stalinist. If this is the quality of their supporters then God help the Lib Dems. I know such ethical, sensible, better people don't like lesser beings disagreeing with them but this takes the biscuit.

You made something up. I pointed out you were wrong. If you don't like that then don't make stuff up.

That gives the impression that they had a screaming stand up row. It was nothing of the sort, especially as it involved interpreters translating what they were saying!

Spin!

Actually, the Argentinian president was reportedly flustered by his approach/what he said (and/or his alleged refusal to accept her alleged envelope allegedly marked 'UN - Malvinas') and mumbled something too fast for her interpreter to translate. He also reportedly snubbed her by turning his back on her and walking away without any farewell at the end of the 'conversation'. So reports the US Washington Post and the French Le Point.

So, part-spin (headline, as expected of the Telegraph), but part-truth as well.

It was anything but friendly, and you have to bear in mind the context and level of that 'incident': heads of states having less than all-smiles natters is big diplomatic stuff. If Cameron did all that he reportedly did, by diplomatic standards that's about the equivalent of a foot in the @rse.

It doesn't bear any comparison with e.g. your discussions with your mate down the pub or, for that matter, some MPs having at some verbal aggro in the Parliament.

You made something up. I pointed out you were wrong. If you don't like that then don't make stuff up.

I've made nothing up. I've predicted out the obvious. Get angry all you like, the fact is most voters would agree with me on Clegg's/Lib Dem approach to this issue. We'll see how many are left after the 2015 election.

Archived