Is David Cameron Showing strong leadership standing up to Argentina..or?

Flip side of the coin, would it have been weak of him to pass up the opportunity to tell Fernandez where she can stick her claim to the Falklands?

The worry thing is I don't think Argentina will accept the outcome of the referendum.

Not going looking for her to give her that message, would look like cowardice.

The people who already want to view his actions in a bad light, would have done so regardless of what he actually did.

I agree with his general positioning on the issue. I'd just have let the silly old bint come to me then told her to sling her hook.

For better or worse the headline in other countries is he went looking for her. That is probably not a good thing.

Guest sibon

Faced with economic armageddon, catastrophic levels of youth unemployment and creaking public services. Dave seems to be invoking the spirit of Maggie to distract us.

At least the right wing press have bought it.

Personally, I find it hard to get excited about a set of islands on the other side of the world.

If any of it is true then it isn't really a lot different to her snubbing a letter handed directly to her in person from the Islanders themselves. She did that last week and her minder told them to pop it into the embassy even though she was right there to receive it in person.
The way I see it, it is very different: she snubbed a letter from a gvt/entity her country does not officially recognise. On the quiet.

Cameron snubbed a letter from the head of a state which the UK recognises. As 'quietly' as by-the-minute coverage of a global G-type event allows (;)).

Faced with economic armageddon, catastrophic levels of youth unemployment and creaking public services. Dave seems to be invoking the spirit of Maggie to distract us.

At least the right wing press have bought it.

With the dire state of the Argentinian economy, it could equally be said that the Argentinian president is following Galtieri in invoking the same issue of the Falklands that he did to distract them.

Using words like ellipsis to look clever doesn't do you any favours either.

I wasn't trying to look clever, merely commenting on something that you had used. Strange that you think using an ellipsis is OK but using the word isn't, and it rather undermines your next point.

You simply exacerbate the stereotype of Lib Dem's and their supporters as upper middle class 'do gooders' with no experience of reality.

I wasn't trying to look clever, merely commenting on something that you had used. Strange that you think using an ellipsis is OK but using the word isn't, and it rather undermines your next point.

Yawn. I don't see how it undermines it at all.

You're a Lib Dem loyalist appalled at my lack of understanding. Well I voted Charles Kennedy in 05 but consider Clegg and co to be vote losers. Most people would agree he'd handle this issue in a wet manner, sad but true.

Yawn. I don't see how it undermines it at all.

No, I don't suppose you would.

You're a Lib Dem loyalist appalled at my lack of understanding.

You're assuming things.

Well I voted Charles Kennedy in 05 but consider Clegg and co to be vote losers. Most people would agree he'd handle this issue in a wet manner, sad but true.

Any evidence? Or is that just unsupported conjecture.

No, I don't suppose you would.

You're assuming things.

Any evidence? Or is that just unsupported conjecture.

You don't suppose I would because I simply don't have your level of understanding of the complexity of life. The 'intellectual' arrogance shines through.

Assuming? I'm going on what evidence you've provided. Yes you could be a BNP supporter but I doubt it.

Evidence? What are you expecting? Pie charts? Graphs? Multiple news articles? Well any fool knows the current polls show the Libs on a very low rating. I can't see that changing before 2015, only getting worse.

Archived